I-Pads

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Barbara Novelli

I-Pads

Post by Barbara Novelli »

Has anyone ever tried to function in Kitely with an iPad? I've been approached by a 1:1 iPad school that wants students to take my world's ESL classes via the students' iPads. Is that possible? I don't have an iPad to check it out with, but I do have a Galaxy Tablet, and it can't seem to download the Firestorm viewer. I've been searching on the web, but I haven't found any useful info yet.
These users thanked the author Barbara Novelli for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Ilan Tochner

Re: I-Pads

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Barbara,

I'm not aware of an iOS-compatible SL/OpenSim viewer but you can use Lumiya Viewer to access Kitely from Android devices.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Annie MooreChris Namaste
Barbara Novelli

Post by Barbara Novelli »

Okay, it works. But it will take some getting used to. The way you interface with it is very different, and the connection gets broken a lot. So far, I've been able to go into my inventory, and 1-finger chat a little. The maximum draw distance is 96 m, and that comes in very slow. I guess it's possible to teach a class with it, but I imagine tech problems like lag and lost connections will be very irritating for students.
Annie Moore

Post by Annie Moore »

Ilan Tochner wrote:Hi Barbara,

I'm not aware of an iOS-compatible SL/OpenSim viewer but you can use Lumiya Viewer to access Kitely from Android devices.

REALLY!? I had no idea! * Digs the RCA tabelt out of a drawer* this will be excellent when I travel! MUAHAHAHAH!
These users thanked the author Annie Moore for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerChris Namaste
Annie Moore
{Annie Moore} Home Interiors
https://www.kitely.com/market?store=13528266&wt=os