God Powers to Person in Group

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
Mane Shieldmaiden

God Powers to Person in Group

Post by Mane Shieldmaiden »

My friend and I are both Owners of another group. Her sectioned out sim is set to the group. We both have the same powers but neither one of us is able to lower land , terriform? What is going wrong????
These users thanked the author Mane Shieldmaiden for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Ilan Tochner

Re: God Powers to Person in Group

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Mane,

Please follow the instructions on this page to set the active group tag for your avatars to the group you set the land to:

https://community.secondlife.com/forums ... group-tag/

Once you've done that, please use the instructions on this page to terraform your land:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Terraforming
Mane Shieldmaiden

Post by Mane Shieldmaiden »

Hi Ian. I am no newbie to the grids. Have been a member of 6 grids for over a period of 15 years. I went back inworld and followed the page but still cannot terraform. I have blocks terraform in various spots on my land. Yesterday I tried to terrafrom one spot and it made the 1/2 section in little checkerboards sqaures. I also deeded the sectioned off land to my friend but she has no powers to lower her land to sea level nor can I. I have read and read and not sure what to do.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Mane,

Please join me in your world now.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

You had set very dangerous permissions for your publicly-accessible world which would have allowed anyone to terraform it.

I removed that permission from the parcel settings and added the "Always allow 'Edit Terrain'" permission for everyone in the group that you set the world to.

Please note, again, that you both need to have the group you set the land to as your avatars' active group in order to actually be able to terraform this group-owned land (the group label needs to appear above your avatar's head, if it doesn't then please follow the instructions in my previous comment).

I just visited your world and it was flat so I don't understand what you mean by "I have blocks terraform in various spots on my land" nor what you mean by "it made the 1/2 section in little checkerboards sqaures".

Finally, in Region Details > Terrain you set the sea level to 0m, while it should be 20m if you want the land to be at the visible sea level (0m is OpenSim's default sea floor level with ocean surface usually set at 20m). You also changed the Terrain Raise Limit and the Terrain Lower Limit to zero which would prevent you from teraforming as you wouldn't be able to raise or lower the land. I set sea level to 19.8m and changed the raise and lower limits to the OpenSim defaults so you should be able to teraform again. Note that if you change the sea level to 20m and you have land at sea level then if you zoom out enough the viewer may decide to render the ocean above the land as they are both the same elevation, this can result in flickering blue areas on your land. The way to avoid this viewer bug is to ensure your sea level is below the elevation of your land.

Please make sure you have the proper group activated for your avatars then try terraforming again.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Chris Namaste