Errors on Products for the Market

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Loni Dove

Re: Errors on Products for the Market

Post by Loni Dove »

Back again.
I have this door script that I just refuse to give up. No matter what grid or opensim I have gone to, I've never had a problem with it. I'm having trouble with the UUID sound in it. It brings up a warning when bringing it to the market. I've found this bit of information that is listed below. The last sentence, ...this tells me that it shouldn't be a problem and doesn't have an effect on the rest of the script. (and hasn't ever had any effect on it during my grid and world hopping). I'm thinking that this wouldn't be a problem on letting it go through to the market. What do you think?

If sound is missing from the prim's inventory and it is not a UUID or it is not a sound then an error is shouted on DEBUG_CHANNEL.
If sound is a UUID then there are no new asset permissions consequences for the object.
The resulting object develops no new usage restrictions that might have occurred if the asset had been placed in the prims inventory.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Loni,

I can't really assess the effect of the missing asset without seeing the script that tries to reference it. Is this script licensed with an open source license? If so, please include it here (use the Code button in the forums post editor and paste the script inside).
Loni Dove

Post by Loni Dove »

Hi Ilan,
I don't know if it is licensed or not. It says nothing about being licensed on it. All I know is that a friend had passed it to me and told me how to use it. I believe that he wrote it. But I am no longer able to contact him. Or I would have done so and would have been past this. Would you like me to send it to you another way?
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Not knowing the license of a script you want to include in something you sell via Kitely Market is a much bigger problem than the warning you're getting. You aren't allowed to sell content in Kitely Market that you aren't legally allowed to sell, and you can't know if you're legally allowed to sell it if you don't have a license for it.

Please see: https://kitely.atlassian.net/wiki/space ... l+Property

If you have (or get) a license for this script then I'll be happy to look at it.
Loni Dove

Post by Loni Dove »

Well Ilan,
He knew I was using it to put in my builds to sell, and didn't have a problem with it. But the buyer wasn't able to view the script. Since I don't know about the license thing and I really wouldn't want to do anything that would go against The gentleman who had been kind enough to help me out, I'll have to toss this script to the side burner for my own projects that are not for sale, and find one that doesn't cause anyone any problems. Which, I found a few this morning here on the forums that maybe will work out. No worries though. It will get there:)
Thanks Ilan.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

YVW Loni.

I'm sorry we have to be strict about this, but we are extra careful when it comes to respecting people's intellectual property.
Brayla Sana

Post by Brayla Sana »

I sent you some door scripts inworld. I sent you some messages, but I will repeat them here.

I sent you 3 door scripts and the notecard that offers options. Use the script that corresponds with the axis of your door so it swings properly. The same notecard will work for all 3 scripts. You can find out what axis by editing the door and going into "stretch" mode. Choose the axis based on where you want the axis to swing.

This script is designed so that the physics type changes when the door opens, so you don't get stuck on the door. When it closes it returns to solid. For this to work, the door needs to be a child prim in the linkset.

If for some reason you did not receive them, you can grab them in the "Free Scripts" area of the Brayla Sana Gallery sim. All the scripts there are tested and working in Kitely and have no licensing issues. Some of the scripts I wrote myself, others I have modified to work in Kitely.
These users thanked the author Brayla Sana for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerChris NamasteRobert Stanley
Dadiella's for Fashion and Brayla Sana Gallery for Building!
Loni Dove

Post by Loni Dove »

That's quite alright Ilan. I understand. I wouldn't want anyone using the things I spent a great deal of time on without permission. I have to admit, I was trying to avoid working with scripts. I look at those, wanting to proceed with banging my head on the keyboard. Not my line of work. But, where there's a will, there's a way:)You do a very good job at keeping things in order and safe for people. I look up to you for that.

Brayla. Thank you again for the wonderful scripts. Going to be using them shortly. It was very nice talking with you. I will definitely be hopping over to your place to check things out.

Thanks again to both of you, have a Great Week.

Loni
These users thanked the author Loni Dove for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerChris NamasteRobert Stanley