Errors on Products for the Market

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Loni Dove

Errors on Products for the Market

Post by Loni Dove »

Hi Everyone,

I have a question that I probably should know the answer to, but don't.

For errors on products that we get ready for market, What does the yellow triangle mean? I saw on the page that I was directed to for information, that their error symbol was a red circle. Is there a difference in meaning? I'm really hoping that you tell me the yellow triangle means that I can slip it by without fixing it... :) Or if both of these emblems are a no go, is there a certain symbol that shows up when it' can pass with an error?
These users thanked the author Loni Dove for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerChris Namaste
Ilan Tochner

Re: Errors on Products for the Market

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Loni,

Please see: https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... -products/

To save your customers from having to deal with problems with your listed items, you should make sure that your product listings don't contain any warnings or errors before you activate them.
Chris Namaste

Post by Chris Namaste »

:)
thx for info ilan, yes loni,ihad them too, & iland helped me as well,
i never was able to fix them tho :s
donno why,it were simple items and they worked fine in kitely itself, tried in digi & dynamic - all good
its a good link,but atm i still cldnt fix them
ps : it cant 'be posted' to sell as long as there,is,this errorthingee, market wont accept it :) (wich is good)
i neverrrrrrrrrrr wld want,to sell,someth broken,gosh no
still,i donno whats wrong 'eep', even in a sculpt once (oldie goodie, part of a build)
i guess,i dont,help with this,just telling what i experienced, good luck loni & hope u can fix it :)
chris
Chris CreationZ url kitely market : https://www.kitely.com/market?store=914 ... &sort=date
Because ultimately we are not the avatars we create. We are not the pictures on the film stock. We are the light that shines through.Jim Carrey
Loni Dove

Post by Loni Dove »

Thank you Ilan and Chris,

So what your saying is.....fix it. :o Laughs.... Ok. definitely need to learn about the scripting. Not a bad thing to learn.

I agree with you Chris. I don't like the idea of anything going to anyone else broken. Must be why my store sits empty. But, better an empty store then one full of broken items.

But, back to the question. Those warning symbols....do they have different meanings to them? Yellow triangle , red dot?
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Loni,

Yes, they have different meanings. The yellow symbol is for Warnings and the red one is for Errors.
Loni Dove

Post by Loni Dove »

Thats what I was searching for. Thank you Ilan. Have an awesome day:)
Brayla Sana

Post by Brayla Sana »

A common warning I get is when the script (mostly particles) calls for a null uuid, which can be ignored. Errors need to be fixed; warnings just need to be double-checked.
Dadiella's for Fashion and Brayla Sana Gallery for Building!
Chris Namaste

Post by Chris Namaste »

with my sculpt error-warning, it never workd out (did all what ilan adviced), it did not 'let me get thru' with the prodct, to sell,i donno, i reassambled it, took it apart etc, just adding this in case other pple xperience this as well :)
Chris CreationZ url kitely market : https://www.kitely.com/market?store=914 ... &sort=date
Because ultimately we are not the avatars we create. We are not the pictures on the film stock. We are the light that shines through.Jim Carrey
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Chris, there isn't a problem with the system, if it stopped you from listing a product it's because your product listing is missing assets that it references in either objects or scripts. If you want, you can list the product again and send me the product page so I can guide you on what you need to do to resolve the issue.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Chris Namaste
Chris Namaste

Post by Chris Namaste »

thx ilan,we ve did this all before:) u wrote me what to do,etc,it was an easter set with bunnies,its ok,i just worried someth was wrong,if it happens,again (with anew product) ill send it all to u :) thxies!
These users thanked the author Chris Namaste for the post:
Ilan Tochner