Show us your worlds! Shopping? Explorable? ??? This is for you.

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Robert Stanley

Show us your worlds! Shopping? Explorable? ??? This is for you.

Post by Robert Stanley »

Hiya!

I have been a greeter for a couple days and have had time to observe what the new user sees and questions they have when they land. I asked Ilan for permission for the following and he agreed:

When I was a mentor in SL many eons ago, we had a folder of landmarks to good looking sims, freebie shops, that kind of stuff. We would hand that to every new person who was under our care. I have seen and been very impressed that InWorldz took that a step further with the HUD they had. Things like that really help a new person out when they land.

So, I am collecting landmarks. If you would like to be included and have a cool world(s) you want to show off, please send me a notecard in world with a landmark attached to it and please specify the rating of your World. Maybe a quick description even. I or someone will be checking those worlds once a month or so to ensure we don't have dead links to worlds. This should help everyone who comes in find even more places to explore than is on the destination guide.

If someone knows of an opensource hud for that, cool. Right now I am just thinking a folder and/or a box that we can meet them with.

Also, Ilan made a call out for greeters in today's meeting, the welcome area becomes quite busy.
"I'd like to take this opportunity to ask that long time Kitely users who wish to help greet newcomers contact me and let me know. I'd like to update our greeters board. Some of the people we have there are not present inworld at this time."
"Please send me a note of your willingness to contact@kitely.com. I'll need a 512x512 profile picture as well."

Thanks! Have a great day.
These users thanked the author Robert Stanley for the post (total 4):
Ilan TochnerAlexina ProctorLucy BrownTrouble Ahead
Robert Stanley

Re: Show us your worlds! Shopping? Explorable? ??? This is for you.

Post by Robert Stanley »

Thank you to all who sent landmarks in. My new router will be here withing 8 hours or so and then I will be able to log in and see the new ones that were submitted. We have a great list so far of some wonderful worlds. Keep 'em coming. :mrgreen:
These users thanked the author Robert Stanley for the post (total 4):
Ilan TochnerAlexina ProctorTrouble AheadMichael Timeless
Robert Stanley

Re: Show us your worlds! Shopping? Explorable? ??? This is for you.

Post by Robert Stanley »

A Notecard has been prepared with the info and landmarks submitted so far. Thanks to all who are helping with this project by submitting.

A final draft is pending approval, there is still time to get your world in on the list. I am hoping this will be a good resource for new arrivals.

Thanks again!
-Mac
These users thanked the author Robert Stanley for the post (total 2):
Sue CaxtonTrouble Ahead