For new (and old) guests in Kitely

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Trouble Ahead

For new (and old) guests in Kitely

Post by Trouble Ahead »

It can take a bit to search through all the shops and malls to find that special outfit! And there are lots of freebees to find!
For new ones ( and especially those who are into RP ) I collected some nice basic outfits to get started.

All kinds of RP costumes, from nuns to cooks, from pirates to counts.. for the " traditional avatar" there is lots to chose from. ( AO's also)
But also a few nice mesh historical outfits for ladies and gentlemen.

For those who like to spice up their modern avatars : get your basics like jeans and shirts , fancy dresses and shoes! ( also AO's)

ALL FREE STUFF.

Hop to : hop://grid.kitely.com:8002/Tessin/524/85/26

Maybe other residents who have nice freebees for new ones can add their LM on this thread? :)
These users thanked the author Trouble Ahead for the post (total 7):
Alexina ProctorMichael TimelessIlan TochnerChris NamasteSelby EvansRobert StanleyKoshari Mahana
Dot Matrix

Re: For new (and old) guests in Kitely

Post by Dot Matrix »

Arton Tripsa has set up Avatari (https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world/Ar ... sa/Avatari):
Arton wrote:Avatari is your first stop to obtain a free avatar and clothes. All of this world is dedicated to an extensive collection of freebies for your Avi gleaned from all over the Hypergrid.
Hypergrid address (copy and paste this in the viewer map):

Code: Select all

grid.kitely.com:8002:Avatari
Serene Jewell has a customised version of Linda Kellie's Clutterfly region: Clutterfly Redux (https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world/Se ... rfly-Redux).
Serene wrote:Once upon a time a generous soul created dozens of free mesh items for Opensim and then gave them away. Her name was Linda Kellie aka Shelby Moonlight. She was talented and prolific. This region contains the contents of her Clutterfly Freebie Stores and her Mesh Kits which she gave away freely.

Most of the items have texture maps in the contents so you can customize the look.

Some items contain scripts which need updating.

This world is listed as General, any R rated objects have been removed. You can find the R+ rated items at another Clutterfly region on Kitely called La Tortuga.
Hypergrid address:

Code: Select all

grid.kitely.com:8002:Clutterfly Redux
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post (total 8):
Ilan TochnerHans WorstSelby EvansRobert StanleyMichael TimelessKoshari MahanaChris NamasteAlexina Proctor
Robert Stanley

Post by Robert Stanley »

I don't have much to offer. If you go to:

You will find a freebie Rocket the Raccoon T-shirt based off of a Linda Kellie template.
A male AO
A 60X60 Building platform
A Radio for your land from ShawnMahoney on G+
A Visitor board for your land also given to me by Shawn

Guys may like the AO and shirt.

Really I just started a clean run on my world. So, there is not much at all there, but I think everything but the Tardis is copyable. I would offer it but I got it from OSGrid years ago and it is no copy.

Also, having connection issues with my PC. New router coming tomorrow. I may be spotty online until then, but you are welcome to grab whatever you want from there.

grid.kitely.com:8002:Cartmel
Last edited by Robert Stanley on Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Robert Stanley for the post (total 3):
Michael TimelessKoshari MahanaAlexina Proctor
Koshari Mahana

Post by Koshari Mahana »

Thanks for this post and for gathering legit freebies to give out! I know how time-consuming that can be. It's good to have people like you who take the time to do that.

In the spring I spent over a week exploring all of the freebie places on all of the OS grids. My goal was to gather things that were appropriate for the Edwardian era so that when I open my Edwardian community I will have things available for the new residents. I found so many wonderful things, not so many that worked for my era but everything from plants to vehicles, outfits and furniture.

One thing for people to beware of when browsing around the hypergrid is that there are a few places (I won't name them) who seem to specialize in ripped off content that they are giving away for free, things that were never intended to be free. Some of them have been stolen from SecondLife for sure because they are still for sale on the SL Market. I even found a few of my homes and shops in their freebie stores, I contacted the owners and they took them down. There is even one place who admits their stuff isn't legit and they have a sign that says something like, "if you have a problem with stolen content don't take this", can you believe it?

I think it would be worthwhile for us to have some sort of a list of valid freebies sources because it's a huge amount of work to investigate each and every item to see if it's legit. btw... I did do that and I'm still doing it actually because I really don't want people to ever say to say that I have ripped off items on my region. There are a few names of avi's and places that I know have been uploading stolen content, there are even grids that do nothing at all about it... but I just don't know if it's appropriate to post their names so I won't.

I would say the general rule of thumb is that if it's really nice mesh with good shading/uv maps and looks too good to be free, it probably isn't a legit freebie (except Linda Kellie, hers look great and are free). Many of the items have a license in the contents, look for that, if it doesn't have a license you can always search google for the creator's name and see if they are one of the more well known for creating and giving away freebies.

I will have the Victorian/Edwardian freebie store open when I'm done with the region and have my Grand Opening. I'm guessing another two or three weeks. I'll post the link then.

Thanks again for all of you who have gathered and researched, I really appreciate the time that it takes.
Last edited by Koshari Mahana on Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Koshari Mahana for the post (total 5):
Ilan TochnerRobert StanleyChris NamasteMichael TimelessAlexina Proctor
VISIT FOUR WINDS ON THE MARKET
VISIT FOUR WINDS INWORLD: hop://grid.kitely.com:8002/Coopersville/909/907/21
Koshari Mahana

Post by Koshari Mahana »

For people into Victorian Steampunk this is a great source for freebies. I'm not sure which address works to be honest.

Steam (383, 512, 22)

hop://grid.kitely.com:8002/Steam/383/512/22

Steam, Steam (340, 597, 21) - Adult @ http://hg.osgrid.org:80
These users thanked the author Koshari Mahana for the post (total 3):
Robert StanleyMichael TimelessAlexina Proctor
Chris Namaste

Post by Chris Namaste »

=) great topic trouble,
i plan (when?) toput all my items,that i have on pc,from iw,outlet,here in kitely,we ll have,to send it,here,in forum,to keep pple updated
the new peeps,wont,come to forum easily tho
still i keep hoping,classifieds,wld, be free,it wld make an unbelievable mega diffrence to community & also shops wld flourish more (hint hint) :p
thx all!=)
These users thanked the author Chris Namaste for the post (total 3):
Robert StanleyKoshari MahanaAlexina Proctor
Chris CreationZ url kitely market : https://www.kitely.com/market?store=914 ... &sort=date
Because ultimately we are not the avatars we create. We are not the pictures on the film stock. We are the light that shines through.Jim Carrey
Koshari Mahana

Post by Koshari Mahana »

Chris Namaste wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:03 pm
we ll have,to send it,here,in forum,to keep pple updated the new peeps,wont,come to forum easily tho
Great point Chris. There are a couple of thoughts that I was having.

1) Have the button to the forum be bigger and right on the home page, even towards the top. I had a heck of a time finding it and remembering where it was when I first came. I know it's on the welcome screen but it might be nice to also have it bigger on the front page of the website.

2) We could have either a freebie store at the welcome center (with resident creations/gift bags- they could have links to their stores inside the gifts) -or- we could have a clickable sign with a list that's kept up to date that people can pick up at the welcome center, -or- maybe even at the way stations. People have to stand there for a short time anyway, might give them something to look at and click :) lol I'm all about making those way stations fun, I never know what to do when I'm standing there, it's sort of like being the only person in an elevator. lol

This is a good thread because we all know how important it is when avi's first come here that it's easy for them to get started.
These users thanked the author Koshari Mahana for the post (total 3):
Robert StanleyAlexina ProctorChris Namaste