Server issues today

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Ada Radius

Server issues today

Post by Ada Radius »

I'm trying to update my store and getting this:

Proxy Error
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request GET /temu/market/store/2040001/Radius/products.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

I was having some minor problems yesterday - trying to get an alt to my workshop, who got a false message that that world had been suspended.

Busy day?
:)
Ilan Tochner

Re: Server issues today

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Ada,

There is a lot of server load, we're investigating what system we need to upgrade to help mitigate it.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 3):
Michael TimelessAda RadiusSelby Evans
Ada Radius

Post by Ada Radius »

Good problems :D
Ilan Tochner wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:21 pm
Hi Ada,

There is a lot of server load, we're investigating what system we need to upgrade to help mitigate it.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

We're not sure this is the only cause yet, but it looks like the increased interest in our website has caused various search engines to start requesting all our web pages in order to index them. Some of these bots are making irregular requests and as we have tens of thousands of world pages and product variations pages, this is resulting in quite a lot of server load.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Michael Timeless
Amoriana Douglas
Has thanked: 0

Post by Amoriana Douglas »

*whack* Bad bots!

I seem to be able to terraform and upload things fine in my world after I was able to log in a couple hours ago. I just have a very strange pair of rectangles on my mini map where I have only two objects rezzed on my region and neither are where the rectangles are showing on the minimap. I'm not terribly worried about it... it's just strange.
And thank you and everyone for the wonderful welcome, I am thankful to be here with Kitely and I love my new world. It still feels like a loss to have nearly 9 years of effort and contribution disappear before I could have a chance to save things back on my hard drive (I got a new pc and kept putting off saving the newest stuff that I hadn't saved before switching, so my fault for procrastinating) but I have learned so much and now I have a chance to rebuild in higher quality materials and although most of my friends have scattered across the metaverse... there's hypergrid! Wow, is that the greatest thing since sliced bread or what? Everyone can come and visit and go home just like a regular teleport.... So, really... it's mostly worth the loss.. to me, anyway.
Very pleased to meet you,
Amoriana Douglas (from Beesbury Bay. It's adult for the future roleplay but nothing is there but the beginnings of landscaping yet so.... :) )
These users thanked the author Amoriana Douglas for the post (total 2):
Robert StanleyDot Matrix
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Thank you Amoriana :-)

Accurate world map image creation is a resource intensive process so we only update the world map images once per day. It may therefore take a few hours until the world map image reflects what currently exists in your world.

The mini map is updated much more often but it doesn't reflect the true shapes of complex prims and meshes, presenting them as their basic shapes instead.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Michael TimelessRobert Stanley