*~* Kitely Monthly Stats *~*

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Isis Starlight

*~* Kitely Monthly Stats *~*

Post by Isis Starlight »

I will be doing a monthly report showing kitely's good increase and will use Hypergrid Business stats until a splash screen is added then a monthly screen shot with stats :D If I missed anything be sure to add to it ;)

For the Month of June..

:) = 628 active users
:) = 4,132 regions .. 335 new regions since May making this the 3rd largest grid
:) = Gained 1215 new members
:) = Population Total users 11265

New features this month..

:) = Marketplace with Permission Export currently being made ready to be Active
:) = Finishing Touches on Fine New Welcome Center with great Mentor's
:) = Inworld Top Seller Market
These users thanked the author Isis Starlight for the post (total 7):
Marstol NitelyKeith SelmesConstance PeregrinePhoenix RisingKatherine PrydeMin TigerpawBoo Rojyo
Marstol Nitely

Re: *~* Kitely Monthly Stats *~*

Post by Marstol Nitely »

I'm curious to know how "Active Users" are defined and why that number is almost half of new users and way lower than total population. I'm sure there is a logical explanation. I just don't know what it is. Anybody want to take a stab at explaining it to me? :?
These users thanked the author Marstol Nitely for the post (total 2):
Isis StarlightPhoenix Rising
Isis Starlight

Post by Isis Starlight »

Marstol Nitely wrote:I'm curious to know how "Active Users" are defined and why that number is almost half of new users and way lower than total population. I'm sure there is a logical explanation. I just don't know what it is. Anybody want to take a stab at explaining it to me? :?
I did wonder that myself but from what I have been reading Maria Korolov gets her updated info from one of kitely founders each month reading on her website but only Ilan / Oren would have a full explanation of methods ..

Here is were the stats are
http://www.hypergridbusiness.com/statis ... tatistics/
http://www.hypergridbusiness.com/statistics/
These users thanked the author Isis Starlight for the post (total 2):
Marstol NitelyPhoenix Rising
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Marstol,

Active Users are users who've gone inworld at least once during the last 30 days.

Most new registered users in SL, OpenSim-based grids, and other online MMOs never go inworld. If they had, the number of Active Users everyone reports would have been much higher.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 3):
Marstol NitelyPhoenix RisingOlivia Lothiriel
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

just a small prod..lol...and, yes, I know you have other priorities but I like to take opportunities sometimes to mention this....

As you are one of 2 grids who do not publish total active users last 30 days stats [and no splash screen at all here] it might be good to set yourself apart from that other one and as well to join the other grids who do.

Just a thought...'cause I likes ya-))
These users thanked the author Constance Peregrine for the post (total 2):
Phoenix RisingDundridge Dreadlow
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Isis Starlight

Post by Isis Starlight »

For the Month of July..

This includes a very steady new membership increase for the summer months as this time of season concurrency is at it's lowest :)

Just Keeps getting better ;)

:) = 493 active users.. -20% from last month due to seasonal concurrency
:) = 4,241 regions .. with over 100 new regions since the 4th of july in less then just 2 weeks making this the 3rd largest grid :)
:) = Gained 995 new members .. 1000 a good number this could represent new members from many grids combined :)
:) = Population Total users 12260..looking forward to 20k I predict in 3 months :)

New features this month..

:) = Marketplace with Permission Export currently being made ready to be Active at end of summer

:D Quotes today from Ilan Tochner our Kitely Co-Founder made today in Hypergrid Business Journal
http://www.hypergridbusiness.com/2013/0 ... -the-heat/

On Kitely, usage declined with people going on vacations and spending less time in virtual worlds, Kitely founder and CEO Ilan Tochner told Hypergrid Business. “However, with needing to handle less support requests we’ve been able to spend more of our time focusing on developing the upcoming Kitely Market,” he added. For example, merchants can now view their stores as their customers will see them.

“The Kitely Market is designed to help join all hypergrid-connected grids into one viable ecosystem, finally creating a critical mass of content, merchants and buyers to help the metaverse evolve from a collection of small grids to a unified market that can attract serious investments,” said Tochner. “This should help rejuvenate interest in OpenSim from organizations who are rediscovering immersive environments due to devices such as the Oculus Rift.”

Tocher added that the grid has slightly changed the way PayPal payments will work. “Instead of having buyers pay directly to a merchant’s PayPal account, and thus exposing the parties to each other’s personally identifiable information, Kitely will act as a middleman and enable people to make purchases in real-money using their avatar identities.” In addition to ensuring privacy, this will also reduce the fees that merchants will have to pay, eliminate chargebacks for merchants, and in general reduce their administrative load.

“We’ve also decided to add various anti-fraud mechanisms to the Kitely Market,” he added. “One note worthy feature we’ll be including is the ability to automatically reclaim all copies of a bought item existing in Kitely if the payment for that item is refunded by PayPal, the credit card company, the merchant, or Kitely.”

These changes will increase operational risk for Kitely itself, however, and the grid will change slightly higher commissions for real money transactions. Commissions for payments made in Kitely Credits will stay the same.

“People comparing Kitely Market to the Second Life Marketplace are advised to take all the fees paid by buyers and sellers into account when calculating how much of each dollar a buyer spends in the marketplace will actually end up in the merchant’s PayPal account,” Tochner added, referring to the Linden Lab policies. “You’ll want to pay close attention to the 10 to 15 percent higher price Linden Lab charges people who pay directly via US dollars, their 5 percent sales commission, and their 2 percent cash-out fee.”

More information about the Kitely market can be found in the most recent Kitely Mentor’s Group meeting notes. The market will go live by the end of the summer, he said, but the exact date has not been set yet. Meanwhile, there is still time for interested merchants to list their items for free and be eligible to become a featured merchant. :mrgreen:
These users thanked the author Isis Starlight for the post (total 5):
Constance PeregrineIlan TochnerMarstol NitelyDot MacchiOlivia Lothiriel
Isis Starlight

Post by Isis Starlight »

Month of October

:) = 606 active users this is growing as the late fall season sits in and more people log online
:) = 4,730 regions .. 2nd Largest commercial grid
:) = Gained 918 new members .. This is very healthy numbers as kitely has a low turnover
:) = Population Total users 14724....Very active for its numbers & growing

New features this month.. Expanded Marketplace features , Working on HG , Many new merchants on marketplace as kitely takes off :D

Sources of Data comes here http://www.hypergridbusiness.com/statis ... tatistics/
These users thanked the author Isis Starlight for the post (total 2):
Marstol NitelyConstance Peregrine
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Thank you Isis :-)

Actually we're the largest OpenSim commercial grid in region numbers :-)

OSgrid, the only OpenSim grid with more regions, is a non-commercial grid where people manage their own simulators and host them on their own computer or on some managed server hosted by one of several third-party hosting companies.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Constance PeregrineIsis Starlight
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

I like hanging on the coattails of this innovative grid-))

[ps It almost makes me forget about reality and I start thinking maybe I am more cool than I really am 'cause of it, too]

Welcome back too, Isis, to this stats thread-))

http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/hang+on+coattails

eta: per my other post here, I am still wishing for a splash page with ongoing stats, which could also be used to showcase regions...
These users thanked the author Constance Peregrine for the post:
Isis Starlight
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Isis Starlight

Post by Isis Starlight »

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Month of November

:) = 716 active users
this is very good as 1 person here logged in for hours daily building communitys vs. 3 or 4 people who log in for a few minutes once a week

:) = 5001 regions .. largest OpenSim commercial grid with a gain of 300 regions THIS MONTH , also the largest commercial hosting service for OpenSim

:) = Gained 1134 new members .. This is very healthy numbers as kitely has a low turnover
:) = Population Total users 16021....Very active community

New features this month.. Expected change over to new OpenSim Release , new user features , new upcoming changes to plans to make them better,
looks like kitely is growing fast this could be due to many factors but people like a good deal when they see one ;)

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

As always facts are from http://www.hypergridbusiness.com/statis ... tatistics/ plus any updates from the founders
These users thanked the author Isis Starlight for the post (total 4):
Constance PeregrineMin TigerpawJohnny MagicSpiral Silverstar