Unable to download *.raw file

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Brendan Shoreland

Unable to download *.raw file

Post by Brendan Shoreland »

Since joining Kitely, I've been taking regular *.raw images as Morgue and I get busy creating the world our our dreams. I tried to take one yesterday (Saturday) and failed. Whatever I tried, I kept getting the following message:-

Capture RAW problem.JPG
Capture RAW problem.JPG (49.15 KiB) Viewed 5551 times
As you can see, I'm already in the pictures folder. Wherever I try to put the file, I keep getting that same message.

At first I thought it was to do with the privacy/security changes I've recently made to my PC, so I switched the relevant software off, checked admin rights etc. - and found that I still had the same problem. I'm having no problems exporting the world as an OAR.

I'm wondering if anyone else is having similar problems. If not, it must be my machine.

Thank you in anticipation.
Ilan Tochner

Re: Unable to download *.raw file

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Brendan,

The message you're getting means that Windows is telling you that you're trying to save the file in a folder that requires administrator access.

I suggest you try saving them to a different folder and then moving them to your folder of choice.

Alternatively, allow the file to be saved to your Pictures folder as suggested in the dialog you're shown.
Brendan Shoreland

Hi Ilan .. thank you for prompt reply.

I've tried to allow the file to save wherever it wishes, with whatever name it likes. Every attempt has failed and caused that notification.

However, your response would suggest that you're not aware of any issues, so I'll concentrate on the permissions structure of my software rather than blame you!

Best wishes,

Brendan
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Was Firestorm installed by a different user on your computer? If so, it may not have permission to write to your own user's directories.
Brendan Shoreland

Hi again Ilan,

I won't bore you with the details, but the problem does arise from a clean install of Firestorm. The security software was denying permission. My bad.
These users thanked the author Brendan Shoreland for the post:
Ilan Tochner