Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Alan Bolero

Re: Access problems?

Post by Alan Bolero »

Oh...also I am trying to login to Kitely with Firestorm
Alan Bolero

Post by Alan Bolero »

Problem solved - take no more time on me Ilan. Not sure why my password became invalid but received an email allowing change.

Kind regards
Alan
These users thanked the author Alan Bolero for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerChris Namaste
Sally Cherry

Post by Sally Cherry »

Ilan,
Thank you for the troubleshooting information for my "visitors' access denied" issue at the Virtual Laboratory Training and Career Center. The problem has been resolved due to your advice... to enable "Parcel owners can be more restrictive"; check the parcel settings; disable "Parcel owners can be more restrictive" in the region settings; and enable "Anyone can visit". Your assistance truly enhanced my first day of having regular office hours.
Ilan Tochner wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 12:36 pm
We found the problem that was preventing you from entering the parcel. It relates to an OpenSim bug that will need to be fixed. The problem is that the parcel had set access restrictions and OpenSim was using the parcel access settings even though "Parcel owners can be more restrictive" was disabled. The problem was hard to find because the actual parcel settings weren't being shown in the parcel access tab because the "Parcel owners can be more restrictive" was disabled. This meant that until we enabled the "Parcel owners can be more restrictive" setting in the region settings we couldn't see the more restrictive parcel settings.

The solution was to enable "Parcel owners can be more restrictive", open the parcel settings to ensure they are not restricting access, then disable "Parcel owners can be more restrictive" in the region settings and enable "Anyone can visit".

"Real to Virtual; Virtual to Real"
Sally Cherry aka Sally S. Cherry, BS, MT(ASCP)
STI Laboratory Consultant/3D Immersive Virtual Worlds Evangelist

Email: sarvonne@gmail.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirtualLaborat ... ningCenter
These users thanked the author Sally Cherry for the post (total 2):
Selby EvansIlan Tochner
Snoots Dwagon

Post by Snoots Dwagon »

Congrats on finding the solution to this. I was one of the "testers" and it was a real head scratcher. We went all over the region locating invisible "ban lines" (they only show up when ya hits one)... and nothing was making sense on land settings. So in this case I didn't locate the bug, but I was involved with it. Just wanted that to go on my record of "Dwagon nefarious activities" and "Bug Magnet" list. : )

Seriously, I'm really glad Ilan was able to locate and fix Annabelle's and other's problems. This bug was discovered and tested yesterday. Today it is fixed. Does that rawk or what? :mrgreen:
These users thanked the author Snoots Dwagon for the post (total 3):
Sally CherryIlan TochnerChris Namaste
~~~~~~~
I'm a dwagon in real life too. (Ask my sister, who totally agrees.)

~~~~~~~
Sally Cherry

Post by Sally Cherry »

Snoots,
Woot! No more "access problems"! Thank you for assisting me with my troubleshooting effort after the Kitely Community Meeting on Sunday. Your actions definitely embodied a sense of "community". That's what I like about Kitely... it is a "community". I truly appreciated your assistance.
These users thanked the author Sally Cherry for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerSnoots DwagonChris Namaste
"Real to Virtual; Virtual to Real"
Sally Cherry aka Sally S. Cherry, MLS(ASCP)
STI Laboratory Consultant/Social Media Strategist

W : https://linktr.ee/Real2Virtual2Real
FB: https://www.facebook.com/VirtualLaborat ... ningCenter
Snoots Dwagon

Post by Snoots Dwagon »

Was my pleasure. Helping each other is just what we do, yups? : )
These users thanked the author Snoots Dwagon for the post:
Chris Namaste
~~~~~~~
I'm a dwagon in real life too. (Ask my sister, who totally agrees.)

~~~~~~~
Samara Tenage
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Samara Tenage »

I've been having a problem on my dreamgrid server accessing kitely under one account. I'm not sure how to solve this, but when I try to teleport into Kitely I have been receiving a message "The Grid's home URI has changed" What is strange is that with another account on my server, I am able to access it fine, with that account I had to open a separate webpage to be given access to the Kitely Grid. I remember on the account that is no longer able to access it, I was also prompted with opening a webpage to gain access too - and I was able to connect for a while. Now with my main account, that I used to be able to access Kitely, I get that weird message regarding the URI has changed. I am not even sure what URI stands for - I thought URL, but the address I use works for the second account. I've tried this under both Alchemy viewer and Firestorm for that one account, and get the same message with that one account.

I try to access Kitely through grid.kitely.com:8002 and get that error.

I'm fine with accessing Kitely with my alt account on my dreamgrid server, or this one which I am posting on, but would like to use my main to get around on. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Samara,

Please see: viewtopic.php?p=26140
Istelathis Tenage
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Istelathis Tenage »

Ilan Tochner wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:22 pm