How precious are your Kitely minutes ?

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Dundridge Dreadlow

How precious are your Kitely minutes ?

Post by Dundridge Dreadlow »

Just curious, and a little survey..

How precious are your Kitely minutes to you ? Do you have enough time to explore worlds or do you take care with every second ? Do you only spend your time on worlds that have free minutes, or do you visit places that use minutes ? If it uses minutes, how long do you spend there, is it a proper look round, or a quick in and out ? Or, do you use your minutes only on your own(or friends) worlds ?

For me, I have a lovely gold membership so I like to explore when I have time :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
PS. Kitely is awesome.
Constance Peregrine

Re: How precious are your Kitely minutes ?

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Dundridge Dreadlow wrote:Just curious, and a little survey..

How precious are your Kitely minutes to you ? Do you have enough time to explore worlds or do you take care with every second ? Do you only spend your time on worlds that have free minutes, or do you visit places that use minutes ? If it uses minutes, how long do you spend there, is it a proper look round, or a quick in and out ? Or, do you use your minutes only on your own(or friends) worlds ?

For me, I have a lovely gold membership so I like to explore when I have time :)
I only have the free plan at this time, so I tend to spend most of my time @ the Plaza or the Merchants Sandbox.

I use some of my 2 hours reviewing my new oars when I place them and sometimes I go exploring.

Generally speaking I don't explore long and do a quick fly thru. A couple I spent more time on.

Since I have some KCs I have made inworld I generally do not much concern myself with time...except in a more, watching them kinda thing.

Depends on what I want to do, really.
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Sherrie Melody

Post by Sherrie Melody »

I don't much think about minutes. I have the silver plan and have never come close to using them all up. I like to explore worlds regardless of whether they are free or use minutes normally. Most worlds are empty of people so I don't stay that long, just long enough to look around and appreciate the builds. I have yet, however, to go into a world that actually charges kitely credits though. None of those that do have piqued my interest enough.

Great question btw. I am curious how most people approach their minutes usage.
Paul Wilson

Post by Paul Wilson »

I tend not to think about minute as I am on the gold plan.
Min Tigerpaw

Post by Min Tigerpaw »

Exploring worlds is a important part of my Kitely activity (especially as so far there are not a lot of other things you can do except working on your own stuff) -
I'd stay even more in other worlds - not caring for the 1 KC / minute as I'm on Silver Plan as well - if there would be more people you could interact with and if there would be some more life in Kitely.
Sometimes I feel like beeing the only avatar running about within whole Kitely :evil: . Even the Plaza is 95% empty when I go there and stay for a while :o .
Today I still have to go back to SL for this part of virtual world experience (or switch of the PC)! :?
Dundridge Dreadlow

Post by Dundridge Dreadlow »

..I myself do spend a LOT more time on private worlds instead of public. Kitely gives an extraordinary amount of control on who can and can't visit a world, so I'd guess a lot of people are hiding. Maybe I should move my build area to a more public place and finish my office properly, or open up my prims everywhere build region.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
PS. Kitely is awesome.
Sherrie Melody

Post by Sherrie Melody »

That's a good point. I do spend more of my time in private worlds. I get lost in terraforming and daydreaming :D
Rikku Cosplay

Post by Rikku Cosplay »

:|
Last edited by Rikku Cosplay on Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

I can confirm that most people spend most of their time in private worlds (either their own or that belong to someone they know).

The Kitely Plaza requires optimization to be useful to first comers and requires community members to decide they wish to spend time there to attract other people to spend time there. Without those things it isn't likely the plaza will become a central hub of inworld activity.

The best way to currently find people inworld is to friend them so you can see when they're online even if they're in private worlds. The second best way is to go to the Public Worlds page and enter one of the worlds that currently appears at the top of that page (this constantly changes so don't wait long after the page loads or the list won't reflect the public worlds that currently have people inside them).
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Constance Peregrine
Marstol Nitely

Post by Marstol Nitely »

I'm also on the gold plan. More for the amount of land it gives me (love my advanced mega) than time. My problem isn't Kitely minutes lately, it's RL time. Anyone know where I can buy some RL minutes, so I can spend some time on Kitely? :D