Notices seems to be messed up in latest Firestorm release

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Snoots Dwagon

Notices seems to be messed up in latest Firestorm release

Post by Snoots Dwagon »

Notice to users: the NOTICES function seems to be borked in the latest Firestorm release. In addition, the much-anticipated object contents "fix" doesn't seem to have been fixed. Contents still take forever to load (no speed increase noticed at all). Since other viewers such as Singularity do not evidence this problem, this does seem to be a difficult-to-find issue with Firestorm. The main question to ask: how is Singularity able to show contents very quickly (usually in 15 to 20 seconds or less) whereas Firestorm is taking far longer? (many minutes) No offense to the Firestorm team; we know this is difficult and time-consuming work.

So, I'm reverting to the prior version. We must be able to see in-world notices... which is not happening under the latest release.

EDIT: Update. A friend told me that while the Notices box is malfunctioning and collapses, it can still be accessed by grabbing the lower right corner and dragging down. This works and while slightly inconvenient, solves that major problem. It's been suggested by a tech friend that I do upgrade to the latest Firestorm version as there were security leaks in the older version. So I have done so... and tolerate the notices problem until it is fixed. ; )
Last edited by Snoots Dwagon on Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
These users thanked the author Snoots Dwagon for the post:
Ilan Tochner
~~~~~~~
I'm a dwagon in real life too. (Ask my sister, who totally agrees.)

~~~~~~~
Vulcan Viper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Notices seems to be messed up in latest Firestorm release

Post by Vulcan Viper »

Might this problem be limited to, say, Windows users? I just logged into Kitely, and my inventory shows up right away.
Mook Wheeler

Post by Mook Wheeler »

@Vulcan -- It is not the Inventory, it is 'object contents caching' -- the loading process of objects with large numbers of items inside them.
These users thanked the author Mook Wheeler for the post:
Snoots Dwagon
Snoots Dwagon

Post by Snoots Dwagon »

I made an important edit to the original post.
~~~~~~~
I'm a dwagon in real life too. (Ask my sister, who totally agrees.)

~~~~~~~