Has thanked: 0

Re: Teleport Station

Post by Scurvy Ragu 2 »

ive done everything,, the problem is Tessin
Why can i get to the welcome center and i cannot get to Tessin
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

Not sure how the problem can be with Tessin. I've just tested going there: from log-in screen to landing at Tessin took under a minute.

If Tessin is already active (which it was when I tested), does that help, Scurvy?
Scurvy Ragu 2
Has thanked: 0

Post by Scurvy Ragu 2 »

well i cant get there,, i am in the welcome station
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

Would you like to try again, Scurvy? I am in Tessin and will wait for a few minutes to see if that helps you.

Edited to add (after a few minutes waiting): Chatted with Scurvy inworld -- he was able to get to Tessin after resetting his router. Possible coincidence? Who knows?!
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerSnoots Dwagon
Snoots Dwagon

Post by Snoots Dwagon »

Having a bit of time on my hands today (can you imagine?)... I was re-reading this post. This reminds me that computers are like automobiles: there is so very, very much that can go wrong. When it's working well it's great. When it's not... where does one check first?

And what makes it especially difficult is that the problem may make no sense whatsoever. For example, resetting a router. When I worked as a consultant one of the complaints I heard most often is, "Everything else is working just fine." It was difficult to get customers to understand that this was irrelevant. The most common fix to solving a computer problem: shut the computer down and turn it back on. I know that sounds ridiculous, but ask any computer tech.

A secondary common issue is re-booting the modem/router. I don't know what it is, but sometimes routers (or the server company) just get goofy. And the symptom will be most things work, but one thing doesn't. And for some reason unknown to humankind, resetting the router will fix that one, singular problem. Same holds true for printers or any other peripheral.

Sometimes the solution (on a desktop) is to unplug every cord, open the box, remove every card, plug the cards all back in, plug the cords all back in, turn it back on. Over time micro-dust can set in and cause a faulty connection. Re-seating everything fixes it.

Overall, my initial fix-it strategy in all situations: check everything until it works again. If one checks everything and it still doesn't work, then there's a problem that may require the visit of a qualified computer tech. But in most instances, checking everything (even the cable that connects the modem to the wall) is the first course of action.

(Yup, I don't know how many times I've had to replace the coax cable between the cable modem and the wall... and that fixed everything. Gremlins. It's Gremlins.)
These users thanked the author Snoots Dwagon for the post:
Ilan Tochner
~~~~~~~
I'm a dwagon in real life too. (Ask my sister, who totally agrees.)

~~~~~~~