Friendly note to ALL CREATORS

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Snoots Dwagon

Friendly note to ALL CREATORS

Post by Snoots Dwagon »

Helloo ship builders, car builders and building/furniture creators! Thank you for your wonderful creations available on Kitely Market.

As a very brief suggestion: Since Kitely allows three physics engines to be used on the grid and the choice of that is left to the world owners, and since those physics engines are largely incompatible with one another... it would be of benefit to shoppers if your creation's physics engine compatibility was listed at the top of your product Description areas. That way we'll know which products work with our worlds.

Thanks you most kindly. :)
Last edited by Snoots Dwagon on Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
These users thanked the author Snoots Dwagon for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerSelby EvansZyzzyx Qinan
~~~~~~~
I'm a dwagon in real life too. (Ask my sister, who totally agrees.)

~~~~~~~
Scurvy Ragu 2
Has thanked: 0

Re: Friendly note to all shipbuilders

Post by Scurvy Ragu 2 »

Snoots what we are using in Tessin works perfectly. What are you referring to?
These users thanked the author Scurvy Ragu 2 for the post:
Snoots Dwagon
Snoots Dwagon

Post by Snoots Dwagon »

Scurvy Ragu 2 wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:17 pm
Snoots what we are using in Tessin works perfectly. What are you referring to?

If I remember correctly, SPD ships work with Ubode physics, but not with ODE or Bullet. They work on Tessin, because Tessin is Ubode. However SPD ships won't work on Wellspring, which uses ODE physics. Kayaker ships however work fine.

So when listing ships on Kitely Market, it would help if ship builders would indicate which physics engine(s) their ships are compatible with. World owners need that information when purchasing sailing ships. :)
These users thanked the author Snoots Dwagon for the post:
Zyzzyx Qinan
~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~
Snoots Dwagon

Post by Snoots Dwagon »

Follow-up: I didn't think of it at the time of posting this forum, but this same thought applies to ALL creators who sell objects on Kitely Market (so I went back and changed the title of the forum). :twisted:

If the object is a home, building, piece of furniture, automobile or other item where physics can affect item performance, the creator really should list the compatible physics engine(s). This concept isn't just limited to ships. Recently there was a rather lengthy discussion on the forums regarding a Castle because it was compatible with only one physics engine and someone had bought it for use on a different engine. Fortunately the builder was able to correct the matter, but having this listed on Kitely Market would have saved the buyer some hassle.

Come to think of it, wouldn't it be good if Kitely Market added a required field:

Which physics engine(s) work with this product (check one or more): ODE Bullet Ubode All NA

That would be helpful. : )
These users thanked the author Snoots Dwagon for the post:
Ada Radius
~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~