How do we donate avatars?

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Chris Namaste

Re: How do we donate avatars?

Post by Chris Namaste »

:)

christa
Last edited by Chris Namaste on Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
These users thanked the author Chris Namaste for the post (total 2):
Dot MatrixAlexina Proctor
Chris CreationZ url kitely market : https://www.kitely.com/market?store=914 ... &sort=date
Because ultimately we are not the avatars we create. We are not the pictures on the film stock. We are the light that shines through.Jim Carrey
Snoots Dwagon

Post by Snoots Dwagon »

I'm not in charge of this project (I think Dot is if I'm correct)... but I am thinking that yeah, not only having good avatars but having MOAR avatars.

EDIT: Not Dot... Ilan Tochner. Because he has a lot of free time and is masochistic and knows better than to delegate to say... dwagons. :twisted:

Now of course, 12 really great starter avatars is better than 3 dozen bleh ones. Quality is what counts. But giving new visitors a variety to choose from... diversity is the spice of life, yups?

A note on this too: one creator mentioned not being able to donate an avatar because that's not their area of expertise. It is understood that this call for freebie avatars is primarily to creators well-experienced in creating avatars. Almost anyone can create an avatar with just a little instruction... but to to create a top-notch, awesome avatar requires experience and skill, just like any other building specialty.

So no one needs worry if this isn't their area. The avatar creators will (hopefully) jump in and handle it. Then for other creators, maybe your specific skills can come in handy later. For example... if you're a clothing maker, maybe you can offer a piece of clothing or two. Hair maker? Backpack maker? AO builder? And maybe a good writer could design a notecard explaining to people how they can get even better avatars at Kitely Market. We all have our special skillz. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Snoots Dwagon on Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
These users thanked the author Snoots Dwagon for the post:
Alexina Proctor
~~~~~~~
I'm a dwagon in real life too. (Ask my sister, who totally agrees.)

~~~~~~~
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

Ilan is the one in charge of this project. He is the one who decides. So send the avatars to him, please.

I'm just helping set things up in the background.
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post (total 5):
Chris NamasteSnoots DwagonAlexina ProctorIlan TochnerAda Radius
Ada Radius

Post by Ada Radius »

Update: I have drafts of avatars, dozens, maybe hundreds of them, lol, and will sort through them to find several that would be suitable for donating. But I'm going to be AFK for a few days to deal with medical crap and haven't been able to do anything on a deadline for a while in any event. So they will trickle in as i can get them in shape. Fun looking at all the avatars I've made over the last 15 years or so; some are ridiculously awful, some weren't bad at all. Most need to be updated - sculpt to mesh, re-rigged to post-2016 armatures and/or 'fitted' mesh, Bakes on Mesh if appropriate, yada yada. Nothing difficult but some stuff takes time.

@Dot: is it possible to design the avatar freebie pavilion so that new donations can be accepted and outdated boxes swapped out easily? The tech and innovations for avatar features, along with social needs, changes often. So maybe it could be updated as we go, rather than set in stone until peeps complain a few years from now :)

Maybe we can develop a checklist, from your, mine and Snoots' previous posts, along with useful input from people such as businesses, educators, g-rated role players, modesty requirements from different cultures, etc. A checklist that could also evolve as new ideas, features and needs emerge. A subset of that list could be the "wants" list - items needed and not yet donated. This could be in a google doc and/or Kitely website page, displayed on a Browser on a Prim. I'm trying to come up with a system here that has community support and takes as little of Ilan's time as possible, without him losing control of it.

Back soon, with something useful, I hope.
These users thanked the author Ada Radius for the post (total 6):
Ilan TochnerSnoots DwagonDot MatrixChris NamasteSelby EvansAlexina Proctor
Krull Kitty

Post by Krull Kitty »

Cremated in an Urn? :idea: :lol:
Chris Namaste

Post by Chris Namaste »

for this project i had 'hurried way too hard' & made a male avatar
while i can do better & had many ideas & skincolors etc in mind,

so i decide to not letting my avatar, i gave fullperm to ilan for this project, involved anymore.

& dont wish to continue participating
and want it to be deleted, ok?

christa
Chris CreationZ url kitely market : https://www.kitely.com/market?store=914 ... &sort=date
Because ultimately we are not the avatars we create. We are not the pictures on the film stock. We are the light that shines through.Jim Carrey
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Chris,

As per your request, we won't use your avatar.

We're currently working on setting guidelines and requirements for people who wish to contribute and we'll be beginning an official process for submitting content contributions once we're ready.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 3):
Snoots DwagonAda RadiusAlexina Proctor
Ada Radius

Post by Ada Radius »

@Chris I think it's a nice avatar
These users thanked the author Ada Radius for the post (total 3):
Snoots DwagonAlexina ProctorDot Matrix
Snoots Dwagon

Post by Snoots Dwagon »

I haven't seen it yet, but If Ada says it's nice... it's nice. : )
These users thanked the author Snoots Dwagon for the post (total 3):
Alexina ProctorDot MatrixAda Radius
~~~~~~~
I'm a dwagon in real life too. (Ask my sister, who totally agrees.)

~~~~~~~