Community building in Kitely

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Trouble Ahead

Community building in Kitely

Post by Trouble Ahead »

Hello fellow Kitely friends,

Sharing my story about how I came to Kitely and I ended 3 years later on with a mega 8x8 world and renters and a little community ( I had no intention or any ambition to go this far..)
I tried the Kitely starters world just to experiment with landscaping. I just picked a name , Tessin , thats a region in Switzerland that does not have anything to do with sailing at all, besides it has a lot lakes and a great variety in landscapes , and thats what I wanted to do: make open water, mountains, nature and hiking paths.
Second experiment: what would be attractive for explorers? My idea was to add some features. Ships to sail in rezzers ( why not building them myself? ) and a RP system and farming. Why not make some houses free for people who want to have a home, especially new people in Kitely? I tried and people came to select a house ( some came more often, others disappeared). Why not trying a sailing race? So thats what happened, with the Kayaker Magic scripted ships, and .. people came to visit. Wow! I had no idea.
Then suddenly we could switch physics and using the SPD scrips was possible. Wow again! My old Inworldz friend Christine Nyn found our old SPD scripts and we made sailing ships people are used to play in that other grid, and now we have regular battles every Thursday! I had no idea!
Having huge sailing ships, we need more sea too. We want to create different islands for the Navy, and smugglers and pirates. Wow! We could have an 8x8 region. This is getting serious! As I have no money tree in my garden , I wondered if a cheap renting possibility could drag people to the sims and rent a 256x256 parcel and make their own sailing sim. So.. people came and rented parcels and serious community RP started as well ( small as it is, but it's a start).

This is an example how things can go in a grid where is a progressive development in technological possibilities and people dive into the new features offered. It also shows there is a group of people in Kitely who want some activity besides their building work and once events are organized and on a regular base, the community knows where to find the fun. For me it was all an experiment.

What works greatly, if you're planning to start up an active community, is PROMOTION!
https://tessinkitely.wordpress.com/what ... right-now/
Post your news in the groups, promote in forum, add your blog on https://opensimworld.com .. that brings traffic and active people and explorers.

Does it sound like a job instead of fun? No! There are great people who helped creating the world!
Cheers on the friends group who made this possible.
These users thanked the author Trouble Ahead for the post (total 8):
Ada RadiusDot MatrixIlan TochnerGraham MillsSelby EvansKim McCabeAlexina ProctorSnoots Dwagon