Problems on Kitely

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
angelic ronin

Problems on Kitely

Post by angelic ronin »

We have been having many problems on Caribou lately, like, slow logins up to 5 mins delay on Way station [this hopefully will be sorted when we remove unwanted scripts] when transferring to home position from Way station the location at top of the screen still says Way Station, this causes the loss of sound and the ability to change outfits on AVs. We have contacted other friends on other sims on Kitely and some have had the same faults.
Have many others had these probs and if so how were they sorted. :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
These users thanked the author angelic ronin for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Ilan Tochner

Re: Problems on Kitely

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Angelic,

What viewer (and version) are you using?

Are you seeing "Kitely Transfer Station" or are you seeing "Way Station"?

Why do you think the title is related to the loss of sound or the ability to change outfits (you stated one caused the other)? Have you tried to teleport within Caribou after you arrived to see if that changed any of these issues?
angelic ronin

Post by angelic ronin »

I see transfer station and i think it is related because on another pc with another AV all worked so I thought it was either my main PC or AV but later I went back to main PC and I rezzed ok but still had Transfer station on the top and had no control on sound I then logged on with another AV on my main PC and all worked correctly and now today I have just got a message from Lora saying she has Pink villa on the top but is in Angels club and has no sound
angelic ronin

Post by angelic ronin »

Just rezzed another AV at angels but it say she at Pink villa and different music I thinks there are gremlins at work
angelic ronin

Post by angelic ronin »

[11:47] Jeanne Lefavre: Hi Ilan I know Angelic has been in touch and I con firm that the launching times for Caribou have overall been somewhat longer than they should and of course we are working at our end. However, the variations have been a bit too long, from 3.30 to 5 and more without any obvious reason. I know you are also looking at this and I think it is important to see that it cannot be only the script load here, then the variations would not be as big. Strange thing is that for me once here fps are pretty ok. Can you please check also what other sim we share the server with, we been at this before that there was a sim that contacted the net with vendors and I dont know what and sometimes slowed us a lot. This was in fact why we left Digiworlds. Still I dont think it can be an issue here as the sim runs at a good rate, but something weird there seems to be. As to the script use, would it be possible to check some of the heaviest ones - like dance servers - for a possible contact to the internet or to another grid, that
[11:47] Jeanne Lefavre: could also affect. I dont want to add to your load but wanted to share some thoughts that could help.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Caribou starts on different servers every time and the world it may share that server with also differs (As Caribou is an Advanced World it can only share a server with up to one additional Starter or Standard world). The loads from different worlds running on the same server can affect your world but that's not likely the case if you're seeing low CPU usage in your own world's Active World panel. What I suggest doing when you encounter such issues is looking at the network activity graph in the Active World panel. If resent packets are low then networking load isn't the source of the issues you're encountering.

All the music in your world is streamed from outside Kitely (from the media URL provided by the parcel or a script). As people in your world are making changes to scripts, they may have created "cross-talk" due to misconfigured scripts. Alternatively, the media source is having streaming issues or the particular viewer version you're using has some new(?) issue with handling media.

I therefore recommend trying to pin-point the source of the problem so we'll have more information to correlate with when we look at our logs to see if we can find some server-side issue that we can address.

To help us do so, please:
1) Email me your Firestorm viewer logs for the user that experienced those issues and indicate the time (and timezone) when they happened so we'll know where to look.
2) Try running the test with a different Firestorm or Singularity version to see if they are a new Firestorm viewer issue.
3) Try reproducing these problems on other Kitely worlds (not Caribou) and send us an email with the aforementioned logs and information about those tests.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Selby Evans