Vehicles

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Tonia Stevens 2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Vehicles

Post by Tonia Stevens 2 »

At last a Helicopter arrives on Kitely Market? Sadly the creator has opted to only sell to the Kitely Grid. Makes me wonder if it is worth using Kitely Market because it soon starts to resemble a Second Life persona!
Trouble Ahead

Re: Vehicles

Post by Trouble Ahead »

Our ships are offered on all grids so it depends very much on the builder and scripter if a product is offered only in Kitely or also to other grids . Giving the option to builders in the market to sell only in Kitely or also to other grids is a choice between not taking the risk your product will be copied or it probably will sooner or later.
We are desperately in need of good scripted vehicles so giving this option might also lead to more scripters and builders coming to Kitely to provide good working vehicles to the grid in a safe environment ( and others from outside grids are welcome to use them in Kitely of course :)
These users thanked the author Trouble Ahead for the post (total 5):
Ilan TochnerDot MatrixChristine NynJohn MelaKoshari Mahana
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Tonia,

The great majority of products in Kitely Market are sold with the Export permission. The few that aren't usually include scripts that can't be copied without first exporting them to an OAR file or transferring them to a grid which doesn't respect copyrights. Script creators who aren't willing to take that risk are free to restrict their scripts to be only available in Kitely.

It's up to you to decide whether the existance of products that can't be delivered to your desired location is a good enough reason to not buy the ones that can be. Personally, I shop in online stores, such as Amazon, where only a portion of the products I'm interested in are delivered to my country.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 3):
Christine NynJohn MelaKoshari Mahana
Christine Nyn

Post by Christine Nyn »

There is no guarantee that a scripted item that has been tuned to work on Kitely will work as it should on another OS grid, and this is particularly true of vehicles. This is one reason why a creator might choose to restrict an item to Kitely Grid.
These users thanked the author Christine Nyn for the post (total 4):
Ilan TochnerDot MatrixJohn MelaKoshari Mahana
Scurvy Ragu 2

Post by Scurvy Ragu 2 »

Your right Christine,,what works here in Kitely wont work anywhere else. So why bother to export and get hate mail form customers saying HEY your vehicle dont work i want my money back!
These users thanked the author Scurvy Ragu 2 for the post:
Dot Matrix
Scurvy Ragu 2

Post by Scurvy Ragu 2 »

I just posted another helicopter on our market the UH-60 Bkackhawk,, also can be bought at Skyways Avaition in Barbados
Fully scripted to fly
These users thanked the author Scurvy Ragu 2 for the post:
Gusher Castaignede