Group info in general

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Kimm Starr

Group info in general

Post by Kimm Starr »

Hi all, I'm a little confused about the whole group thing. I never in all of these years created and utilized a group for a business. I've joined groups and I have created one to have a friend help me build on my land in the past but that was the extent of it.
I have created a group for my Virtual Vignette Shop. Is there a script that I can put into an object and then put that object into the sale folders in my shop? That way people that buy my items can opt to join. Also, will people from other worlds in opensim be able to join my group as well? I know there is a script I can use in a prim on my land that people can touch and join.
I watched a video on youtube last night and they show that you can send objects through the group portal. I love that I can send out free gifts that way. Question. Can I put several objects in a box and then send it out in the group portal? If people from other worlds join, will they get them as well? So many questions!
These users thanked the author Kimm Starr for the post:
Ilan Tochner
I'm obsessed with Animesh and soon you will be too!
Ilan Tochner

Re: Group info in general

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Kimm,

You can add the same script you use inworld to a Kitely Market product you sell and instruct people to rezz it then use it to join your group.

People from other OpenSim grids can also join your group if you allow them to do so.

You can send items that are contained inside other items. How well sending items to a group works across grids is a different matter.
Kimm Starr

Post by Kimm Starr »

Thanks Ilan, I appreciate it.
These users thanked the author Kimm Starr for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

Might be worth asking Thirza Ember who runs the Hypergrid Safari. She's likely to have a better idea than most of the vagaries on inter-grid comms. https://hgsafari.blogspot.com/
These users thanked the author Graham Mills for the post:
Kimm Starr
Kimm Starr

Post by Kimm Starr »

Thanks Graham!