Joystick or Gamepad

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Graham Mills

Re: Joystick or Gamepad

Post by Graham Mills »

In case anyone was wondering, AntiMicroX worked fine in mouselook mode with Kayaker's raygun. I could aim and shoot with the previously mapped D-pad and left shoulder button but I also tried mapping the left trigger. This comes with an awesome array of mouse customisation options which were way above my pay grade (also available from the left shoulder button dialog).

The left shoulder button could optionally be mapped in turbo mode which partially negated the reload downtime so that semi-continuous bursts of fire were emitted rather than the single shot of the left trigger (not sure if that can be modified similarly).

Although I have yet to use it, there is also a facility to save and reload sets of key bindings so you could in principle have separate ones for walking, flying (I have a tendency to unintended flight with my current default set), building and hunting pesky rats in the docks.

With the onboard freecam I could move in any direction using the left joystick and fly using the right but could not turn so if I needed to retreat I would effectively be running backwards unless I resorted to the mouse or left mouselook. The triggers didn't work either. Results with an Xbox controller may vary.
These users thanked the author Graham Mills for the post (total 2):
Shandon LoringGusher Castaignede