Sad News for the Kitely Community

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Kimm Starr

Sad News for the Kitely Community

Post by Kimm Starr »

It is with great sadness that we inform the community that one of our own has passed away. Veritas McMaster was a victim of a terrible house fire on Christmas Eve. One of her close friends in opensim & real life said she was trying to save her beloved pet bird. It's such a loss to all who knew her, she was friendly and could network like no other. She was a great cheerleader for everyone here as she had a great love for virtual worlds and had made Kitely one of her homes. We really got to know Veri during the development of the Kitely Birthday Celebration. She was a wonderful people person who enjoyed bringing everyone together for various community events and creative endeavors. She especially loved entertainment functions and was always the first one on the dance floor. God speed Veritas...Veri...V
These users thanked the author Kimm Starr for the post (total 21):
Ilan TochnerTonia Kara 3Selby EvansGraham MillsLuna LunariaDot MatrixChris NamasteSeven OfNineDee Ferry 2Koshari Mahana and 11 more users
I'm obsessed with Animesh and soon you will be too!
Ilan Tochner

Re: Sad News for the Kitely Community

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Thank you for writing this Kimm.

Veritas's tragic death is a big loss to us all. She will be greatly missed.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 10):
Tonia Kara 3Kimm StarrChris NamasteKoshari MahanaChristine NynTess JuelLuna LunariaShandon LoringSally CherrySeven OfNine
mike mchugh

Post by mike mchugh »

I am at a loss for words. You will be missed. It was a pleasure to know you Veri.
These users thanked the author mike mchugh for the post (total 11):
Tonia Kara 3Kimm StarrChris NamasteKoshari MahanaIlan TochnerRuby O'DegeeTess JuelLuna LunariaShandon LoringSally Cherry and one more user
Luna Lunaria

Post by Luna Lunaria »

This was so sad. Veri and I were good friends, working and dancing together at many events, especially OpensimFest. I will really miss her
These users thanked the author Luna Lunaria for the post (total 9):
Kimm StarrChris NamasteKoshari MahanaIlan TochnerRuby O'DegeeTess JuelShandon LoringSally CherrySeven OfNine
VISIT LUNARIA EMPORIUM ON THE KITELY MARKET HERE: https://www.kitely.com/market?store=13957705
Kimm Starr

Post by Kimm Starr »

Aww, I'm sorry Luna, I know you two were good friends. I'm so sorry for your loss.
These users thanked the author Kimm Starr for the post (total 4):
Luna LunariaKoshari MahanaTess JuelSeven OfNine
Chris Namaste

Post by Chris Namaste »

it truelly is :'(
we didnt know each other in person,all i read from her here in forum was kind & friendly,
she was brave and loving ,

she is-was-always will be a caringloving person,she showed that in many ways,

blessings & support to her closed ones & family+♥
These users thanked the author Chris Namaste for the post (total 8):
Dot MatrixKoshari MahanaIlan TochnerRuby O'DegeeTess JuelLuna LunariaShandon LoringSeven OfNine
Chris CreationZ url kitely market : https://www.kitely.com/market?store=914 ... &sort=date
Because ultimately we are not the avatars we create. We are not the pictures on the film stock. We are the light that shines through.Jim Carrey
Koshari Mahana

Post by Koshari Mahana »

Thank you so much for this post, Kimm.

It's just so sad that something like this could happen. She was a lovely person who worked so hard to bring people together and build community in Kitely and other worlds. I got to know Veritas when we were planning the Kitely Birthday Celebration. She is the one who initially got the ball rolling on that project by lining up some of the entertainment and volunteers. Veritas was always very kind to me. I'm so sorry that she went in this horrible way. What a tragedy. :cry:

These users thanked the author Koshari Mahana for the post (total 11):
Ilan TochnerJeanne Lefavre 2Kimm StarrDot MatrixChris NamasteRuby O'DegeeTess JuelLuna LunariaShandon LoringSally Cherry and one more user
VISIT FOUR WINDS ON THE MARKET
VISIT FOUR WINDS INWORLD: hop://grid.kitely.com:8002/Coopersville/909/907/21
Jeanne Lefavre 2

Post by Jeanne Lefavre 2 »

Veri will always be in my heart.
These users thanked the author Jeanne Lefavre 2 for the post (total 7):
Koshari MahanaRuby O'DegeeTess JuelLuna LunariaShandon LoringIlan TochnerSeven OfNine
Kimm Starr

Post by Kimm Starr »

There is going to be a memorial for V on the Alternate Metaverse Grid. Here is the info

A celebration of the life of Veritas McMaster is to be held on the Alternate Metraverse Grid on 1/2/23 @ 10 -12 SLT grid time
hop://alternatemetaverse.com:8002/Memorial/40/151/22
Veri loved this world and the people who lived in it with her. Please show your love and respect for the person she was in your life and celebrate her together.
These users thanked the author Kimm Starr for the post (total 8):
Koshari MahanaRuby O'Degeesang beaumontTess JuelLuna LunariaShandon LoringIlan TochnerSeven OfNine
Cooper Swizzle

Post by Cooper Swizzle »

I had recently become friends with Veritas. And saw on Twitter about her passing. She will be missed by the community. Rest in Peace.
These users thanked the author Cooper Swizzle for the post (total 6):
Kimm StarrShandon LoringLuna LunariaIlan TochnerSally CherrySeven OfNine