Kitely Community Outreach

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Shandon Loring

Kitely Community Outreach

Post by Shandon Loring »

following on recent Topic: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6897
Following on an idea brought up in a recent post..
Would there be any appetite here to create a 'Community Outreach', if you will, to promote Kitely in Second Life?

Honestly there is a lot of ignorance and fear of Opensim in the SL community that could be overcome with some TLC perhaps.

What would an 'Outreach' look like?
Some ideas...
- Some brief inworld seminars in SL explaining Opensim and why it is so great and why choose Kitely.
- Direct IM blasts to Residents
- IMs to Groups
- Targetted email/IM campaign to reach ALL Second Life Marketplace Creators at least once
- Facebook and 𝕏 campaigns
- Explain Kitely Marketplace's expanded market potential (even for 'classic' products), and protections offered to merchants
- Send articles to various SL (as well as Opensim) online publications
- Explain the technology we're using to 'bridge' the grids so that Kitely and SL audiences can attend events simultaneously and chat with Residents on both grids at same time as well as see video feeds from both grids during events - including dances & parties!
- Showcase events unique to Kitely such as events from our Boating Community
- Promote Kitely Only events in Second Life Events system - (Storylink Radio already does this with some success)
- More ideas...?

I have some land in SL where inworld presentations could take place, I suspect others here do as well.
I have a large SL 'spam list' of about 1,000 residents to send to, but of course just using Second Life Events system would probably be the most productive.

A big promotion campaign, whether it comes from Management or from us Residents could really benefit all of us.

Ilan, questions, if you're comfortable answering...
- How many new people brought in do you feel it would it take to justify the effort? 10? 100? 1,000?
- How many would you consider a 'win'?
- You already promote Kitely at some levels, anything the Kitely Community can do to assist you?

Unfortunately I often can not attend Community Meetings myself on Sundays, and there is often very little feedback here in Kitely Forums, so really I don't even know how to move forward with something like this.

Any interested parties? Any ideas?

Thanks all.
These users thanked the author Shandon Loring for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerKimm StarrKoshari Mahana
Ilan Tochner

Re: Kitely Community Outreach

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Thank you for the initiative Shandon.

Regarding your questions:

A good result would be 100 people ordering a Kitely world. Those can be existing Kitely users or people new to our service. Another good result would be getting top SL merchants to list their goods in Kitely Market and advertising that fact to existing OpenSim users.

A win would be 500-1000 people ordering a new Kitely world or getting 500-1000 new buyers to Kitely Market.

There are several advertisements for Kitely and Kitely Market in Hypergrid Business. It could help if people recommended Kitely on other websites and social media services as well.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Shandon Loring
Koshari Mahana

Re: Kitely Community Outreach

Post by Koshari Mahana »

All good ideas. Outreach is an investment and it would require hiring someone to take that on as that's something that would take days or weeks to do. Also, how would a person get the email addresses of creators on the Second Life Marketplace, are those even available?
These users thanked the author Koshari Mahana for the post:
Shandon Loring
VISIT FOUR WINDS ON THE MARKET
VISIT FOUR WINDS INWORLD: hop://grid.kitely.com:8002/Coopersville/909/907/21