Yes we know..

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Gusher Castaignede

Yes we know..

Post by Gusher Castaignede »

May what is happening in Israel right now de-escalate and we pray and hope that those of you living there stay safe....
These users thanked the author Gusher Castaignede for the post (total 9):
Kimm StarrShandon LoringIlan TochnerChris NamasteConstance PeregrineChristine NynCrash McCloudmikka NomadSnoots Dwagon
"lnteractivity, Variety, Ease of Use"
Visit my store at Country Manor
Kimm Starr

Re: Yes we know..

Post by Kimm Starr »

praying for everyone. Stay safe.
These users thanked the author Kimm Starr for the post (total 6):
Shandon LoringGusher CastaignedeIlan TochnerConstance PeregrineCrash McCloudDot Matrix
I'm obsessed with Animesh and soon you will be too!
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Thank you Gusher,

My family and I live in the Tel Aviv area and have a fortified room in our apartment where we are protected from everything short of a direct hit on our building. We are relatively safe but the massacre that happened in Israeli towns on the boarder with Gaza and the kidnapping of more than 100 young and elderly Israelis from their homes into Gaza is prompting the Israeli government to draft a lot of reservists. Both Oren and myself are too old to be called but this war will be a lot more devastating for both sides than the wars we've had with our Arab neighbors since 1973.

I fear that even though many countries are siding with Israel now we'll suffer widespread condemnation by the time this is over. This is Israel's 9/11, worse proportionally if you consider the relative population sizes of Israel and the US. Israel is going to respond a lot less carefully than it has in the past, and many innocent civilians will be hurt in the process.

Many people in Israel are very much opposed to the current right-wing Israeli government but even a left wing government would have had to respond with devastating force to this type of an attack on our boarder towns.

These are dangerous times in many places in the world. I hope we'll all come out of these wars wiser and more open to the compromises that are required for living together in peace.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 13):
Tony ElGusher CastaignedeTrouble AheadChris NamasteKimm StarrGraham MillsConstance PeregrineChristine NynAda RadiusCrash McCloud and 3 more users
Trouble Ahead

Post by Trouble Ahead »

Im very sad to hear for you Ilan , Oren and family and friends you are living in more dangerous conditions there. We always hope for deescalation but looking at history and all events happened before this new wave of violence , all involved parties have a long way to go I am afraid. Please stay safe.
These users thanked the author Trouble Ahead for the post (total 4):
Ilan TochnerConstance PeregrineGusher CastaignedeCrash McCloud
Gregg Legendary

Post by Gregg Legendary »

Don't Hate me for my words here but...first I find all violence to be evil. Second this part of the world bugs me as both parties Jews and Palestinians are both children of Abraham and should unify and celebrate unification not kill each other ...sheesh the horror. In one of my stays at a nursing home my main nurse was Palestinian, we once sat down for an hour and talked and she agreed with me on this point. I pray Ilam and everyone in harms way will be safe, and pray common sense will prevail and that those who seek peace on both sides will come to power and make it so.
These users thanked the author Gregg Legendary for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerChris NamasteGusher Castaignede
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

I'm very saddened by this escalation. Though not a Jew, I have always felt a poignant sense of concern for the trials and tribulations of Jewish people.

It is a tribute to the people that they can withstand and put into perspective the historical plights that have come to them.

I can't even imagine how things would be here in America if something similar were to happen to us. My thoughts horrify me.

I only hope that the deaths are as low as can be done. My sincere condolences to you, Ilan, Oren, your families, and the people of Israel.
These users thanked the author Constance Peregrine for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerGusher Castaignede
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Christine Nyn

Post by Christine Nyn »

What happened to start this latest horror is certainly not the path to any kind of peace.
I cannot imagine the stress that must be involved living in the midst of that.

This:
Ilan Tochner wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:52 am
...My family and I live in the Tel Aviv area and have a fortified room in our apartment where we are protected from everything short of a direct hit on our building...
really underlines what it means to live in the area, and frankly it horrified me to read it and realise the measures you feel you have to take.

I do hope that the whole situation can eventually calm down and some lasting solution be achieved.
These users thanked the author Christine Nyn for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerGusher CastaignedeGregg Legendary
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

Very best wishes to you and your family
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Thank you all for your concern. More than 300,000 Israeli men and women have been drafted in the past 48 hours, which is most of Israel's army reserves. As stated previously, Oren and I are too old to be called and so are sheltering at our respective homes, which are both close to Tel Aviv and far from Gaza and Lebanon. That said, things are volatile in Israel and we all hope they will not escalate further by attacks from Hezbollah and other Iranian-affiliated forces in the middle east.

As for Kitely, I want to reassure those of you who've asked: all Kitely's servers are located in California and are safe from anything happening in the Middle East or Europe. Our systems are also highly automated and can continue functioning indefinitely even if Oren and I temporarily lose electricity or Internet access. In other words, all your worlds, avatars, and bought content are safe.

I'll try to provide an update in this thread once every few days until this was is over. I'll also continue attending the Kitely community meetings every week on Sunday at 1pm PST in the Kitely Welcome Center. In any case, please feel free to continue using all the support methods we offer if there is anything you need (these forums, PMs, emails and IMs). We have been here for you since we opened to the public in March 27, 2011 and we'll do our best to continue being here for you regardless of events in our region of the world.

Thank you all for your continued moral support. It means a lot to us.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 10):
Kimm StarrGraham MillsGusher CastaignedeTony ElAda RadiusConstance PeregrineChris NamasteShandon LoringKari InouriMarstol Nitely
Owl Night
Has thanked: 0

Post by Owl Night »

Ilan,
I am glad you are safe and have a safe-room just in case. I cannot imagine what you are going through right now. I know that myself and others here are praying / sending energy into the universe/ hoping that you remain safe and as unaffected as possible.

That being said, if you need anything that sim owners like me can help with, please let me know. perhaps you/ us sim owners can set up a help group for new arrivals that can help new people when you are unavailable like the firestorm help group in SL and set a contact station in the welcome area. Either way, please let me know if I can help you in some way.
These users thanked the author Owl Night for the post (total 4):
Ilan TochnerGusher CastaignedeMato SapaTony El