Lovely new map tiles

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Graham Mills

Re: Lovely new map tiles

Post by Graham Mills »

Well, I don't know whether it is a LOD issue but the mesh character didn't work. There's also the issue of shadows, especially at midday. If you run your viewer at higher graphics settings with shadows switched on you will see the shadow of the disk on the ground or, if you set that to 100% trans, the character (and I imagine it will move unhelpfully with the sun). Still, it might be of use to someone sometime so I've set out some (rather hackish) numbers in the sky on my region Stuff. They probably won't be visible until this time tomorrow. If anyone's interested I'll stick them in a box in the mall.
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

well, you could set the sun or any day setting to something specific and fixed, if you wished to.
These users thanked the author Constance Peregrine for the post:
Graham Mills
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

The map has now been updated and seems to work OK (ignore the duplication -- I left one number on the ground as updating appeared later than usual and I was concerned there was an issue with this particular world). The box with the numbers is on the left wall of the entrance to the mall (number 3 on the map).
Graham Mills wrote:...Still, it might be of use to someone sometime so I've set out some (rather hackish) numbers in the sky on my region Stuff. They probably won't be visible until this time tomorrow. If anyone's interested I'll stick them in a box in the mall.
These users thanked the author Graham Mills for the post:
Constance Peregrine