Games in Kitely

Talk about anything, whether on topic or off topic
Dundridge Dreadlow

Games in Kitely

Post by Dundridge Dreadlow »

Since we have loads of space, loads of prims, and loads of tech (including NPCs) in Kitely, I was wondering what sort of games people would be interested in seeing or playing in our lovely environment here, or what would people think would work well.

This does not have to be limited to hud games :)

I know the style for the murder/mystery works quite well :) (Even if YOU haven't tried it yet. Yes, YOU, the one reading this)
These users thanked the author Dundridge Dreadlow for the post:
Selby Evans
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
PS. Kitely is awesome.
Amiryu Hosoi

Re: Games in Kitely

Post by Amiryu Hosoi »

Games... I like that... What we need is a good combat system. that will def bring in the mass;-)
I now because I used to run a big community of samurai and ninja and all they cared about was to be able to fight and use CGI scripted weapons and stuff. I do hope one of the combat system developers will join Kitely as soon as possible.

For games, I will try to blow some life in my ama diving game again. That was a lot of fun;-) People cound buy an outfit, with the outfit (scripted) they could dive for abolone and oysters. The meat copuld be exchanged in the old town for sushi and miso soup. If the diver was lucky he or she could find awhite or black pearl. The pearls could be exchanged with the pearl monger for Koban (gold) This Kopban could then be changed for real value discount in the Hosoi Ichiba Shop;-) Writing about it makes me want to start up the game again;-) More info here: http://hosoi-ichiba.blogspot.nl/search?q=ama+diving

Ami
Now delivering to hypergrid http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2570982
Dundridge Dreadlow

I know I could make a combat system easily enough, and no doubt Sarge will be posting shortly about Myriad combat.. I could extend my existing systems to include combat(possibly compatible) or a full rp system.. dunno, heh.

Combat will always be a bit iffy due to lag.

The pearl dive sounds entertaining, heh :)
PS. Kitely is awesome.
Amiryu Hosoi

Post by Amiryu Hosoi »

hey Dundridge,

I know it sometimes can be laggy but it IS what people need to create a role play game. And in case of Kitely, I dont think other regions will suffer because of the fact Kitely doesnt have mainland and every worl;d is running apart from the rest. Combat and RPG systems will bring in bigger communities. Sice Open Som and Kitely don't have a lot ofchoice it can also be a very good moment for a scripter to settle his brand. Once you are there you will have the market to your own until the competition arrives. You will however be way ahead of them;-)

Just a thought;-0

Ami
Now delivering to hypergrid http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2570982
Sarge Misfit

Post by Sarge Misfit »

Amiryu Hosoi wrote:Games... I like that... What we need is a good combat system. that will def bring in the mass;-)
I now because I used to run a big community of samurai and ninja and all they cared about was to be able to fight and use CGI scripted weapons and stuff. I do hope one of the combat system developers will join Kitely as soon as possible.

For games, I will try to blow some life in my ama diving game again. That was a lot of fun;-) People cound buy an outfit, with the outfit (scripted) they could dive for abolone and oysters. The meat copuld be exchanged in the old town for sushi and miso soup. If the diver was lucky he or she could find awhite or black pearl. The pearls could be exchanged with the pearl monger for Koban (gold) This Kopban could then be changed for real value discount in the Hosoi Ichiba Shop;-) Writing about it makes me want to start up the game again;-) More info here: http://hosoi-ichiba.blogspot.nl/search?q=ama+diving

Ami
We do have a combat system available. Myriad. Full set of scritps and notecards http://www.kitely.com/market/product/22 ... lay-System
These users thanked the author Sarge Misfit for the post (total 4):
Constance PeregrineDundridge DreadlowSherrie MelodySelby Evans
Living life on the wrong side of a one-track mind.

National Security Threat Level: Gnat

My site: Excelsior Station
My Kitely World: Misfit's Folly
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

An alternative format I would love to see in Kitely are games with playing cards like Spades, Whist, Rummy.

The only reason I still have a small plot of land is SL is so that a group of friends can meet up and play a weekly game of Spades. We use a Spades table by OHB Unplugged. I've contacted the merchant many times, asking if he might be prepared to develop it for OpenSim (as he had originally said when I bought it), that there would be a market here and that my friends were ready to contribute to its development. It seems the PMs were swallowed up by the SL system.

So, if anyone would like an alternative challenge, developing a four-player card table for Spades or some other multiplayer card game would definitely get my money.

I'd be happy to give further details if it would help. I've been hoping to get one in OpenSim for 3+ years.
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post:
Selby Evans
Ozwell Wayfarer

Post by Ozwell Wayfarer »

bingo hoo wrote:I like to play any types games, especially the online games, such as Final Fantasy, Diablo [link removed], Guild wars and Fifa-14.
oh oh oh! Is this Kitelys first spam bot? We must have hit the big time :mrgreen:

Next stop, horny callgirls from Mumbai!
Dundridge Dreadlow

first spam bot ? Nope, we've had LOADS, they just get reported quick :)

Really should report the two above posts for spam... (sorry! Repeating spam is spam !)
PS. Kitely is awesome.
Sarge Misfit

Post by Sarge Misfit »

Let me see if I have this correct ... somebody responds to a thread about games by mentioning four of their favourite online games and they are deemed to be a spambot?
Living life on the wrong side of a one-track mind.

National Security Threat Level: Gnat

My site: Excelsior Station
My Kitely World: Misfit's Folly
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Sarge,

They linked to some irrelevant site with Diablo as the link text. So yes, that was a spamming attempt.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Dundridge DreadlowOzwell Wayfarer