Marketplace, oops, "You can't start a new order ..."

Ask questions about using the Kitely website
Sherrie Melody

Marketplace, oops, "You can't start a new order ..."

Post by Sherrie Melody »

I goofed and I don't know how to fix it. I started the process to buy something on the marketplace, up to the point where I chose to continue to paypal. Then, I realized that I had actually selected the wrong Item variation. So I backed out of it.

However, when I went to actually buy the right item variation, I got the Error message "You can't start a new order because your previous order is still in progress."

I logged into Paypal to see if there was an in-progress transaction for the wrong item variation, but there was no record.

Then I thought it might be my browser cache. So I closed my browser and cleared its cache.

Then logged back into the market to try to buy the item variation that I wanted.

I am still getting the "You can't start a new order because your previous order is still in progress." error message.

How do I get rid of that so I can buy the stuff I want? :)
Oren Hurvitz

Re: Marketplace, oops, "You can't start a new order ..."

Post by Oren Hurvitz »

Your order has timed-out by now, so you can start a new order.

We actually already have a partial solution to this situation: if you start an order, and then return to Kitely without canceling it, then we show a big red message at the top of the screen that reminds you that you have an order in progress and allows you to cancel it. However, this message currently appears only if you've used KC in the purchase. We'll make it appear for USD-only purchases as well.
These users thanked the author Oren Hurvitz for the post (total 3):
Sherrie MelodyConstance PeregrineIsis Ophelia