Editing perms question

Ask questions about using the Kitely website
Ozwell Wayfarer

Editing perms question

Post by Ozwell Wayfarer »

I was not quite sure where to post this one, and I hope I am not repeating a previous discussion.

Are there any plans to be able to edit perms other than export via the marketplace? Despite how much the MP improves on many aspects, perms are still one of the most long winded part of setting up a product ready for sale. At present, if I want to make C/M, C/M/T and C/M/E, I still have to create the package twice. It would be super-convenient if we could edit perms directly in the MP. This would also help when you fluff one up. Instead of going in world, re-rezzing, changing the perm, taking back into inv, back to MP and re-selecting, you could just do it with a click. The checkboxes are there, so I guess it is on the cards at some point.

Conversely, is there any plan to add a way to enable export in-world? I wanted to gift one of my customers today with a small piece, but I could not set it to export and I knew that person would only have use from the gift if it was export enabled.

Thanks!
Ilan Tochner

Re: Editing perms question

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Ozwell,

There are two ways to give someone something that is exportable from Kitely:
1) Give them a copy of an Export-enabled object that was delivered from Kitely Market. This object will include the Export permission. See: http://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-new ... plemented/
2) Give them a copy of a Copy+Transfer object that doesn't contain any components that came from Kitely Market with No-Export. See: http://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-new ... rmissions/

We may eventually add the ability to change permissions directly from Kitely Market but, as this is more complicated than just changing a permission that is controlled entirely from the Kitely Market, this is not likely to be implemented soon.