How to download history to spreadsheet?

Ask questions about using the Kitely website
Alexina Proctor

Re: How to download history to spreadsheet?

Post by Alexina Proctor »

Shandon Loring wrote: Ctrl-C again, back to spreadsheet, click in cell A20, or whatever is next open row, Ctrl-V.. and do it again.. and so on...

when you get all your pages then you get to do some neat Excel sorts.

gosh, i hope this helps some, and that i don't look too silly for doing it this way... your question was kinda more about Excel... any version, even older, should work like this... but if it don't and if i can be of help i will be most happy to try..
Yay! Thank you Shandon, that worked. I don't have anywhere near what you have -- Prax and I have just 4 worlds (10 regions) -- but I still wanted to find out who is visiting most and what our costs are for opening a region to non-premium account holders. I have had visitor counters nearly since the beginning but like for you, they are insufficient for my needs.

Happy Thankgiving. -- Alexina
These users thanked the author Alexina Proctor for the post:
Shandon Loring
--Alexina Proctor
Co-founder with Prax Maryjasz of Sendalonde Community Library
Library: hop://grid.kitely.com:8002/Wellspring
https://virtualpeers.com/
Shandon Loring

Post by Shandon Loring »

oh good! glad it helped!
i know my method is very klunky, but it's all i could figure out how to do.. we're watching, like you are, to gauge costs of non-premium visitors along with donations and Market sales etc and other expenses to watch for the tipping point to upgrade worlds to next level. limited budget and nonprofit we are very accountable and have to watch real close. we dont really make $$ with this aspect of our projects, but hopefully we're a benefit to Kitely Community by drawing some traffic at least. :D

Thank you Alexina, blessings to you and Prax.
These users thanked the author Shandon Loring for the post (total 2):
Alexina ProctorConstance Peregrine
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

I think we've been here before. AFAIK a visitor counter can't work out whether an avatar has a Premium account although I am guessing that it could work out whether it came via the hypergrid. Personally I have an active interest in not knowing precisely who is visiting my world (it puts me into the realm of ethics boards) but I would like to know how many visit, how long they stay, where they go and whether they return. A visitor counter based on osGetAvatarList on a 60 sec timer with CSV output to a notecard would suffice as it returns both a UUID and position. Avatars would be tracked on arrival but recorded in anonymous format (a subset of their UUID) only on departure, e.g. timestamp, [UUID subset], zone1:2, zone2:5, zone1:10 where 2, 5 and 10 are minutes spent in those zones consecutively.
These users thanked the author Graham Mills for the post (total 2):
Shandon LoringAlexina Proctor
Shandon Loring

Post by Shandon Loring »

Good thoughts Graham.

For us, the specific interest is number attending a given show of course, but also the cost. Everything that Kitely's account History page has is awesome and meets our needs... IF we could download it.

But as you say a zoned visitor counter is very helpful too, Maria's mentioned above is neat, I may try to expand it to include radar rather than just collision.

Alicia Stella Designs has a great system in SL but she is not currently interested in bringing it to Opensim.

We use specific Avatar names to send event announcements to, but only to our subscriber lists, not just folks that wandered on one of our sims one day. ;)

So, once Kitely Account History is downloadable most of our needs will be met. I am very grateful that Ilan and Oren et al have provided this feature from the beginning.. cut n paste is really clunky though.
These users thanked the author Shandon Loring for the post:
Alexina Proctor
Shandon Loring

Post by Shandon Loring »

hi, yup this topic again...
Seanchai Librarys attendance is good and even growing in other worlds (SL & IW), despite it being Summer time, but waning in Kitely. We do have a handful of devoted guests here... God Bless You!!
Attendance is lifeblood of performances and events. Events and drawing in folks seems, to me, to be essential to keeping a grid alive healthy and viable. As Ozwell once asked "are we building for no one?".
I see posts by Roxy, which are very accurate, about Kitely attendance also, and needed support for Events.
I realize responsibility for drawing an audience lies on ourselves, but having some tools could help.
We are reaching out to the Hypergrid to whack folks on the head and drag them back to Kitely if at all possible.

One tool that could really help in this, and other of our endeavors, would be a downloadable Kitely Aacount History.

I understand this must be somewhat complicated, and time consuming, and only so many hours to go around. But I am curious, if the Kitely development team (insert praise and accolades here) is unable to do this for us, is there perhaps some API calls or similar technomagic, that a clever programmer could use to develop this vital tool?

Thanks all.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Shandon,

Due to the amount of user requests we've decided to preempt our scheduled work and add the option to export account history in our next site update.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 4):
Marstol NitelyDot MatrixShandon LoringAlexina Proctor
Shandon Loring

Post by Shandon Loring »

Wow! Now that is Technomagic and Clever Programmers all rolled up in one!!
Awesome to hear!
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

After today's update, there's a new link at the bottom of the Account History page: Download report. :D

Thanks, Ilan and Oren!
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post (total 5):
Ilan TochnerGraham MillsAlexina ProctorShandon LoringSelby Evans
Shandon Loring

Post by Shandon Loring »

woohoo!
Very Nice!
Thank you Thank you!!
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

did somebody say there is a technomage around????
These users thanked the author Constance Peregrine for the post:
Shandon Loring
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...