How to download history to spreadsheet?

Ask questions about using the Kitely website
Alexina Proctor

How to download history to spreadsheet?

Post by Alexina Proctor »

If this is in some FAQ or documentation I missed, please give me the URL.
I would like to download my history into a spreadsheet app. Is there a way to do that?
That is, download http://www.kitely.com/history

Thanks, Alexina
These users thanked the author Alexina Proctor for the post:
Dot Matrix
--Alexina Proctor
Co-founder with Prax Maryjasz of Sendalonde Community Library
Library: hop://grid.kitely.com:8002/Wellspring
https://virtualpeers.com/
Ilan Tochner

Re: How to download history to spreadsheet?

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Alexina,

We don't currently support exporting the information from the Account History page. We do, however, enable Kitely Market store owners to download their store's transaction history from their Sales History page and download several report types from their store's Analytics page.
Alexina Proctor

Okay. Thanks for the fast reply Ilan. I have taken snapshots of many pages. I was mostly interested in how many times each person is visiting and also the costs accrued by keeping the world open to everyone.
--Alexina Proctor
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

It would be handy to have this facility -- not just for the merchants.
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post (total 3):
Alexina ProctorGraham MillsShandon Loring
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Dot,

We're aware of that. These are two different features. One relates to the Account History page that deals with any account-related event and the other relates to separate Kitely Market-specific pages that deal with Kitely Market events. We'll eventually improve the Account History page with various requested features, but our focus is currently on improving Kitely Market.
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

Just a reminder that there is this logging script if you have a Google account: http://www.hypergridbusiness.com/2014/1 ... or-logger/
These users thanked the author Graham Mills for the post:
Shandon Loring
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Graham Mills wrote:Just a reminder that there is this logging script if you have a Google account: http://www.hypergridbusiness.com/2014/1 ... or-logger/
I use this and love it...
These users thanked the author Constance Peregrine for the post:
Shandon Loring
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Shandon Loring

Post by Shandon Loring »

Seanchai Library really needs this feature too, since we are very much audience based it is essential to our operations, as well as expanding our RL projects, to be able to track costs and attendance closely.

At the moment I have to do it manually, which is time consuming... I do have a bit of a work around, though very cludgey, might be useful to some others...

You can highlight each Account History page and copy and paste that data into an Excel spreadsheet. An important tip being that you should highlight from the first name on the list, down to and including the paging arrows on the bottom.. if you do this you can page through and copy more pages with having to re-highlight each page.

As I write this it occurs to me that I'm probably being about as clear as an unrezzed sculpty texture! IF anyone thinks they're interested in what I'm talking about, I'll be happy to post some screen shots...

It is still quite labor intensive, but it helps some. :-)
Last edited by Shandon Loring on Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Shandon Loring for the post:
Alexina Proctor
Alexina Proctor

Shandon Loring wrote: You can highlight each Account History page and copy and paste that data into an Excel spreadsheet. An important tip being that you should highlight from the first name on the list, down to and including the paging arrows on the bottom.. if you do this you can page through and copy more pages with having to re-highlight each page.
Hi Shandon - Thanks for the tip! To be sure I am understanding this... I highlight all the rows/columns on the Kitely history Web page. Then I paste into Excel. I don't get the World, Duration and KC columns. Is that normal? I am using an old version of Excel (12.3.6) on my Mac, so maybe that is the problem?
These users thanked the author Alexina Proctor for the post:
Shandon Loring
--Alexina Proctor
Shandon Loring

Post by Shandon Loring »

you should be able to get them all.
in this series of screenshots i started my mouse click just before "01-Nov" and drug to the right and down and included the arrows at the bottom...
Image6.jpg
then Ctrl-C for Copy

click in cell A1 of spreadsheet and Ctrl-V for paste

then back to account history, carefully click on the left or right arrow, it should go to next page and it should have everything already highlighted for ya...
Ctrl-C again, back to spreadsheet, click in cell A20, or whatever is next open row, Ctrl-V.. and do it again.. and so on...

when you get all your pages then you get to do some neat Excel sorts.. :roll:

i know.. horrible amount of manual labor.. but until the feature is offered to download the history automagically i remain open to suggestions...

The visitor counter mentioned from Maria is great and it works, but it doesn't give near the amount of info we need, and it only works if someone walks on it.. we've got 12 regions of sims with 40 something venues...

gosh, i hope this helps some, and that i don't look too silly for doing it this way... your question was kinda more about Excel... any version, even older, should work like this... but if it don't and if i can be of help i will be most happy to try..
These users thanked the author Shandon Loring for the post:
Alexina Proctor