Inexplicable error from Kitely Market

Ask questions about using the Kitely website
Kayaker Magic

Inexplicable error from Kitely Market

Post by Kayaker Magic »

I had a disturbing error from the Kitely Marketplace today:
I added a new product with 6 variations. All 6 had exactly the same script. None of them showed any errors.
When I was all ready and clicked "accept changes", the product could not be listed because of errors. One of the 6 variations had a red flag that brought up this error:
Object "Sim Cannon Mount 2.3"
Prim #1, "Sim Cannon Mount 2.3"
Missing particle system texture: 0080bc82-0000-0000-0000-000000000000

I deleted the item, added it back in. No error. Hit "accept changes", the error came back.
This item does call llParticleSystem, but it did not have a particle system texture at all, I let that be the default system particle texture. So I added this to my particle system list:
PSYS_SRC_TEXTURE, "",
re-compiled, deleted and added it to the product listing, still no errors. Hit "accept changes" and this time it worked.
Note that I did not add this line to the other 5 identical scripts in the other 5 similar variations. Yet they never gave me this error.
I still have a copy of the object that did give the error, if you are interested in looking at it.
Oren Hurvitz

Re: Inexplicable error from Kitely Market

Post by Oren Hurvitz »

The particle system texture is a property of the object. Apparently your object had this property set, and it was pointing to an asset that doesn't exist in Kitely. Perhaps it had been created in a previous grid (if you copied the object from there), or had been created in the past and had used a temporary texture. In any case, because the problem was the property of the object, the scripts in the object weren't relevant -- that's why you could get this problem in only one object and not all of them.

The problem of "leftover" object properties is well known. You figured out how to clear this property on your own, but for the benefit of anyone else who may find this post, there's a product on Kitely Market that can clear these properties automatically: see http://www.kitely.com/market/product/28 ... m-scrubber.
These users thanked the author Oren Hurvitz for the post:
Keith Selmes