My public world is not public

Ask questions about using the Kitely website
Arton Tripsa

My public world is not public

Post by Arton Tripsa »

State Of Writing access.png
Hi, it seems that my Advanced world, The State Of Writing, which has access marked positive for all categories of visitors, shows up as 'No public worlds match your search' when I and several others put its name correctly into the search bar of the Explore Worlds page. What is going on here? Have I done something wrong here?
Dot Matrix

Re: My public world is not public

Post by Dot Matrix »

That's strange.

I see The State of Writing when there is someone in it, but not when I enter "The State of Writing" in the search box, as Arton says.

However, searching for "state" and "writing" finds it, as does "state writing", but not "state of writing".

Which suggests that including "the" and "of" confuses search.
Keith Selmes

Post by Keith Selmes »

The search picks up key words from your world description, but not the incidental words like "and", "of", "a" etc.
If you search for "writers colony", or even just "writers" or "colony", or "writing", it will find The State of Writing.

I think the search was designed to avoid people "gaming the system" and getting artificially high ranking, but essentially, if you want to be found, you write a description that includes the search words your potential visitors are most likely to use.

That also applies if you want your world to appear in a specific category like Education or Shopping.

I hadn't noticed before, but evidently the way to make sure your world name is found with the current search, is to choose a name that has keywords only.

P.S. It's definitely Public, I've just been for a visit
Oren Hurvitz

Post by Oren Hurvitz »

Hi Arton,

This bug was fixed in today's update. Thanks for letting us know about this problem.
These users thanked the author Oren Hurvitz for the post (total 3):
Arton TripsaKeith SelmesSerene Jewell
Arton Tripsa

Post by Arton Tripsa »

Cool Beanz! I was beginning to worry I would have to change the name from 'The State of Writing' to 'State Writing'! Which has a quite different connotation! Thank you for fixing it.
These users thanked the author Arton Tripsa for the post (total 2):
Oren HurvitzSerene Jewell