Error generating login response

Ask questions about using the Kitely website
Dagon Xanith

Re: Error generating login response

Post by Dagon Xanith »

I have the same version number firestorm as listed or I thought I did. Thanks for trying to help I am beyond lost.
Dundridge Dreadlow

Post by Dundridge Dreadlow »

Please let us know (in detail and every stage) how you are getting the error :)

You need the firestorm viewer for OPENSIM NOT SecondLife. There are usually two viewers released at the same time with the same number. The correct firestorm will show "opensim" near the bottom of the preferences menu.
Are you trying to logon via the website/plugin ?
or directly on viewer ?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
PS. Kitely is awesome.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Daagon,

Both the SL-only and the OpenSim-compatible version of Firestorm use the same version numbers so you can't tell whether you're running an OpenSim-compatible version of Firestorm just based on the version number.

To determine which version you have please open the About menu and select the About Firestorm option.

One of the top lines should show you something like this: "Firestorm 4.4.2 (34167) Jul 2 2013 00:49:02 (Firestorm-Release) with OpenSimulator support" . I added the bold to show you the part you're looking for, if you don't see "with OpenSimulator support" then you're running the SL-only version of Firestorm.

Please check and tell me which version of Firestorm you're using, the one with or without OpenSim support.
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Welcome to Kitely, Dagon-))

There are quite a few differences from using SL to Opensim grids, one of which is that Firestorm viewer...FS did this when the differences became to many to ignore and did the fork version to make things better for OS users in many regards.

It is also a rather new development but several in the FS team work on it exclusively now.

Things such as SL prim limitations, linking sets, prim sizes, and many other differences needed an OS specific viewer.

So once you get that settled you will likely find it quite a freeing experience-))
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Dagon Xanith

Post by Dagon Xanith »

The viewer thing has been very confusing to me plus I think I ran into issues when I tried to download the viewer too. What got me few day ago first time in the world was the koakua viewer. I tried imprudence originally when the version other version I use for sl didn't work check the versions. I think when I downloaded the version recommended it said I already had it because the version number is pretty close to the sl version I have been using but I couldn't get grid to work.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

That's a common problem because the version numbers are indeed the same for the OpenSim version of Firestorm and the Firestorm version that is SL-only.

Firestorm for OpenSim now has a file name that is different from that of the SL-only version of OpenSim but that's not immediately apparent if you don't know to look for it.