CONTEST: Tourist Reports - Interesting Worlds - CLOSED

Ask questions about using the Kitely website
Ohn Lang

CONTEST: Tourist Reports - Interesting Worlds - CLOSED

Post by Ohn Lang »

Deadline: 20 January 2013 - This contest is now closed. The winner ... [drumroll] .... Minethere! [rimshot]

Be one of the first 20 reports posted to this thread (following the rules below) and win 120KC (can be used for 120 minutes too) just by participating. If your report is judged the best (by me, hehe) win 1200KC (that's 20 hours in minutes).

The idea: Play the part of a tourist. Visit your favorite world, or any world in Kitely you find particularly interesting, fun, well made, etc. Take pictures. Report back here and post about your experience in the world.

Rules:
1. One post per avatar and your avatar must have been registered as of Jan 10 2013 to qualify.
2. If you participate, you agree not to get mad at me if you don't win or you feel that my ability to judge the "best" is sorely lacking :)
3. The world must be in Kitely and accessible to everyone, without charging visitors for time in world. The world doesn't have to be "free", just not charging extra so people can use their minutes normally to visit. The world can't be one owned by Ohn Lang.
4. Your post must contain a decent description of the world and must tell us why you find it fun/interesting/worthwhile visiting.
5. Your post must contain at least 2 photos but no more than 4 photos. Keep the photo width at 800pixels or below.
6. If you use a special windlight setting while taking the photos, please include that setting in your post.
7. The deadline for this contest is 20 January 2013.
8. Have fun!

If you are among the first 20 to post and the post qualifies as described above, you will receive the 120KCs as soon as I see your post here and am able to get inworld. The final judging will be done as soon as possible once the deadline has passed, and no later than 24 January 2013. I'll post the name of the winner here and immediately log in to pay the winner the award.

ETA: Tiny change to rule three. Added last sentence .... world can't be owned by Ohn Lang.
Last edited by Ohn Lang on Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ilan Tochner

Re: CONTEST: Tourist Reports - Interesting Worlds

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Great idea Ohn, thank you for initiating and sponsoring this contest. :-)

I tweeted about your contest and posted about it on Kitely's Facebook page.
Ohn Lang

Post by Ohn Lang »

Glad you like it! I thought it would be fun. :D
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

ooo0o0ooooo-))
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Ohn Lang

Post by Ohn Lang »

:D
Bumping, in case folks think it's not real. The contest is genuine and a real opportunity to pick up a nice bonus in KCs or minutes for those who are low on their budget of time. I just thought this would be a fun way of getting folks talking about their worlds and sharing interesting places to visit.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Ohn,

I've also temporarily made this post a forum-wide announcement so that it shows at the top of the Announcements section in each forum category.
Ohn Lang

Post by Ohn Lang »

TY Ilan :)
Bladyblue Bommerang

Post by Bladyblue Bommerang »

Still figuring out how to buy builds for my world. But I'll visit others and participate. Great idea.
Ohn Lang

Post by Ohn Lang »

Fantastic! Can't wait to read your post.
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Ohn Lang wrote::D
Bumping, in case folks think it's not real. The contest is genuine and a real opportunity to pick up a nice bonus in KCs or minutes for those who are low on their budget of time. I just thought this would be a fun way of getting folks talking about their worlds and sharing interesting places to visit.
ok...I read the announcement as one of finding other people's worlds as a tourist ONLY. Are we also, then, able to show of and enter our own worlds? As I can do that much quicker and use less of my dwindling KCs, that would be nice.

I would, of course, prefer to show off other people's worlds, but that KC issue and lack of time makes this difficult.
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...