CONTEST: Tourist Reports - Interesting Worlds - CLOSED

Ask questions about using the Kitely website
Ohn Lang

Re: CONTEST: Tourist Reports - Interesting Worlds

Post by Ohn Lang »

Just a reminder :)

Deadline is 20 January 2013

Submissions posted to this thread by 20 January will be eligible to win the 1200KCs.
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Ohn Lang wrote:Just a reminder :)

Deadline is 20 January 2013

Submissions posted to this thread by 20 January will be eligible to win the 1200KCs.
As I am the only one who has entered so far, I would just like to say I do not mind if you extend the deadline at all.

The forums are new here and many new people coming in. As much as I would like the money, I would like it more if others participated in this-)) Getting the -prize- due to lack of participation would be kinda empty to me and I am sure others will participate if more time is given. Just my thoughts.
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Ohn Lang

Post by Ohn Lang »

That is so sweet and generous Minethere! But if no one else submits an entry, the award should go to the person who participated. If I were to extend the deadline or change the rules for this one, it might send a message that future contest rules were subject to changes and extensions, and people might not trust that their efforts would be treated fairly.

The lack of participants just means that I did not come up with a contest that was fun enough, or interesting enough, or focused correctly, and, hopefully, that most people just already have all the minutes they need :)

LOL, from a selfish-point of view, with only one entry, the job of judging is far easier! And, I will have the unused KCs (120KC * 19) to use for another contest :) WOOT!
Constance Peregrine

Ohn Lang wrote:That is so sweet and generous Minethere! But if no one else submits an entry, the award should go to the person who participated. If I were to extend the deadline or change the rules for this one, it might send a message that future contest rules were subject to changes and extensions, and people might not trust that their efforts would be treated fairly.

The lack of participants just means that I did not come up with a contest that was fun enough, or interesting enough, or focused correctly, and, hopefully, that most people just already have all the minutes they need :)

LOL, from a selfish-point of view, with only one entry, the job of judging is far easier! And, I will have the unused KCs (120KC * 19) to use for another contest :) WOOT!
lol-)) then on to the next one soon then-))

Ephemeral wanderer...
Marstol Nitely

Post by Marstol Nitely »

Not true Ohn. It looks like a very fun contest. I've been wanting to do it all week, but haven't been able to find the time. There are a several worlds that I've mentioned in other places. Karima Hoisans worlds are all works of art. I was a fan of Johnny Night's before he ever moved to Kitely (still am). Minethere covered one of my favorites, Serenity Island and Dot Macchi is an amazing curator of worlds. You said we couldn't use any of your worlds, but I love ohn freebies and am looking forward to visiting Unsound Isle. I like Preston Beresford's Rainier Summit too. So my main problem here (other than time) is that I have too many favorites to choose from. Maybe I'll try to find something completely new? :D
Constance Peregrine

Marstol Nitely wrote:Not true Ohn. It looks like a very fun contest. I've been wanting to do it all week, but haven't been able to find the time. There are a several worlds that I've mentioned in other places. Karima Hoisans worlds are all works of art. I was a fan of Johnny Night's before he ever moved to Kitely (still am). Minethere covered one of my favorites, Serenity Island and Dot Macchi is an amazing curator of worlds. You said we couldn't use any of your worlds, but I love ohn freebies and am looking forward to visiting Unsound Isle. I like Preston Beresford's Rainier Summit too. So my main problem here (other than time) is that I have too many favorites to choose from. Maybe I'll try to find something completely new? :D
well then...hurry marstol!! hehe

Let's make ohn work for this-)) lolol

Ephemeral wanderer...
Ohn Lang

Post by Ohn Lang »

Marstol Nitely wrote:Not true Ohn. It looks like a very fun contest. I've been wanting to do it all week, but haven't been able to find the time. There are a several worlds that I've mentioned in other places. Karima Hoisans worlds are all works of art. I was a fan of Johnny Night's before he ever moved to Kitely (still am). Minethere covered one of my favorites, Serenity Island and Dot Macchi is an amazing curator of worlds. You said we couldn't use any of your worlds, but I love ohn freebies and am looking forward to visiting Unsound Isle. I like Preston Beresford's Rainier Summit too. So my main problem here (other than time) is that I have too many favorites to choose from. Maybe I'll try to find something completely new? :D
Aww, Marstol, LOL! I excluded my worlds so that I wouldn't have to restrain myself from biased judgements. Just imagine if someone wrote a raving report on my freebie place. I'm human, naturally I might think their report was best! ;)

I hope you do wind up having a little time to participate. The more the merrier. If you have many favorites, just write each one on a slip of paper, put all the slips of paper in a hat, and choose one with your eyes closed. Then, after you've submitted your entry here, go right back to this forum and post about all your other favorites too. Everyone wins!
Marstol Nitely

Post by Marstol Nitely »

After reading Ener Hax's "I live in science land" yesterday, I decided to visit 黑客不夜城 – Hackers Sleepless City <http://www.kitely.com/virtual-world/Ene ... pless-City>. It's an intriguing world with lots of detailed spaces to explore.
Near the landing point
Near the landing point
After landing here, I climbed up a hill to city that seemed to be deserted.
Deserted city
Deserted city
It seemed obvious some sort of disaster had occurred here. I wandered the streets and explored empty buildings until I discovered a map and list in a downed helicopter. This seemed to provide some clues to the the abandoned city.
Mysterious places
Mysterious places
I delved deeper into the mystery and hidden areas of Hackers Sleepless City, and was rewarded for my efforts (see next post for a picture of the reward). It's seems there is much more than can be explored in one visit. I'll have to return to find other surprises and rewards at Hackers Sleepless City.
Last edited by Marstol Nitely on Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marstol Nitely

Post by Marstol Nitely »

A picture of my reward (see previous post for explanation):
My reward.
My reward.
Constance Peregrine

wootie wootness!! triplified!!!

Ephemeral wanderer...