CONTEST: Tourist Reports - Interesting Worlds - CLOSED

Ask questions about using the Kitely website
Danko Whitfield

Re: CONTEST: Tourist Reports - Interesting Worlds

Post by Danko Whitfield »

Hi Ohn,

I want to join those who have thanked you for sponsoring this contest. It was/is a very good idea and I wish it had worked out that I took part. But I don't want you to think your efforts are not appreciated. They are. When I read your initial post here to kick it off my reaction was, "Good for you, Ohn!" I thought it was nice to see someone trying to get something going on the new forums and inspire a bit of community in this relatively new world of Kitely.

I'm an RL writer and I do a couple of blogs. My excuse for not taking part is that I had just recently written two touristy type pieces about Kitely worlds for a blog - one was my own world and the other belongs to a friend - and I just wasn't in the mood to write another piece of that type at that moment.

For a few seconds I did consider whether I could submit one of the pieces I had already written but right away I realized that wouldn't be right as I didn't have to do it on deadline as others entering the contest would. And they were written in RP-style and I wasn't sure if you wanted that. I thought about posting a question on your thread about these issues but I disqualified myself right away and thought, "Oh, don't mess up Ohn's contest with some 'yeah but what if questions' and force Ohn to have to deal with them and confuse the issue. So I told myself, "Just leave it alone, Danko, and stay out of the way." So that's what I did.

If you had received several entries, I wouldn't have bothered to post this message but when I saw how things worked out, I thought I should. Just to say thank you for coming up with a good idea and taking the chance to put it out there. Just because a lot of people didn't take part doesn't reflect on the quality of the idea. And I don't want you or others to be discouraged in the future from putting forth a nice idea.

So, I still say, "Good for you, Ohn!" And thanks.
Ohn Lang

Post by Ohn Lang »

Marstol has been given the participation award :)

Thank you for participating Marstol!
Ohn Lang

Post by Ohn Lang »

Danko Whitfield wrote:Hi Ohn,

I want to join those who have thanked you for sponsoring this contest. It was/is a very good idea and I wish it had worked out that I took part. But I don't want you to think your efforts are not appreciated. They are. When I read your initial post here to kick it off my reaction was, "Good for you, Ohn!" I thought it was nice to see someone trying to get something going on the new forums and inspire a bit of community in this relatively new world of Kitely.

I'm an RL writer and I do a couple of blogs. My excuse for not taking part is that I had just recently written two touristy type pieces about Kitely worlds for a blog - one was my own world and the other belongs to a friend - and I just wasn't in the mood to write another piece of that type at that moment.

For a few seconds I did consider whether I could submit one of the pieces I had already written but right away I realized that wouldn't be right as I didn't have to do it on deadline as others entering the contest would. And they were written in RP-style and I wasn't sure if you wanted that. I thought about posting a question on your thread about these issues but I disqualified myself right away and thought, "Oh, don't mess up Ohn's contest with some 'yeah but what if questions' and force Ohn to have to deal with them and confuse the issue. So I told myself, "Just leave it alone, Danko, and stay out of the way." So that's what I did.

If you had received several entries, I wouldn't have bothered to post this message but when I saw how things worked out, I thought I should. Just to say thank you for coming up with a good idea and taking the chance to put it out there. Just because a lot of people didn't take part doesn't reflect on the quality of the idea. And I don't want you or others to be discouraged in the future from putting forth a nice idea.

So, I still say, "Good for you, Ohn!" And thanks.
Aww, TY Danko for your nice words! If I had been asked about rules, LOL, I would have said I kept the rules few and short on purpose. :D so that people would have a little leeway. I would have made it a longer contest, but I wanted to keep it short, consistent with my attention span :lol:

If you see another contest sponsored by me, just remember that my total, 100% goal is always stress-free shameless fun, nothing more nothing less.

EVERYONE, IT IS STILL THE 20TH!!!!

POST YOUR ENTRIES IF YOU GOT EM.
Marstol Nitely

Post by Marstol Nitely »

I hope you get some more entries before the deadline Ohn. If not, I definitely think Minethere should win this one hands down. Her report was more detailed and made me want to revisit Serenity Island. I was thinking about future Tourist Report contests (if you choose to do them). What if instead of awarding the prize to the tourist, it is awarded to the person who created the world? Just a thought, and you know me, I had to put my two KC's in. :lol:
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Marstol Nitely wrote:I hope you get some more entries before the deadline Ohn. If not, I definitely think Minethere should win this one hands down. Her report was more detailed and made me want to revisit Serenity Island. I was thinking about future Tourist Report contests (if you choose to do them). What if instead of awarding the prize to the tourist, it is awarded to the person who created the world? Just a thought, and you know me, I had to put my two KC's in. :lol:
uhuh...I vote for your Marstol-)))) :mrgreen: :ugeek: :?:
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Joe Jr
Has thanked: 0

Post by Joe Jr »

very generous of the OP to initiate this contest and hope more contest and more sponsorship's will comes to kitely :) :)
Ohn Lang

Post by Ohn Lang »

Did you know that when there are only two participants in a contest, the judging can be EVEN harder!?! Even more so, when both contestants are possessed of generous and selfless hearts. Thanks to Marstol and Minethere for participating. The call was very close! I have visited both Worlds, and they are each wonderful places to visit and amazing builds for their own unique reasons. For those of you who have not yet, I certainly recommend it!!

Marstol and Minethere both did great on descriptions and photos. Great shot of the space station, Minethere! When I was reading Marstol's adventures in finding treasures in a downed helicopter I found myself wishing to see a pic of the helicopter! ;) But, perhaps Marstol didn't want to give away its location, LOL.

Marstol was thoughtful and included a link to the world she was describing :) This is useful for us lazy people, if the link is right there, we are more likely to click, LOL.

Minethere's photos had the nice "tourist" touch of Minethere being IN the photo ;) (Marstol, now you are going to have to post somewhere and include a pic of yourself!!)

Both included valuable tips for where to find cool things in the two worlds. TY both for that!

Grrh! Marstol insists that her participation KCs be used toward another contest. She gave them back to me! :o :( :D

The short story is that you both are AWESOME. When I tallied up my pluses, I still had a very very difficult time, but in the end decided that I will declare Minethere the winner of this contest.

Congratulations Minethere! I'll be logging in shortly to send you the award :D :D
Ohn Lang

Post by Ohn Lang »

TY for your kind thoughts Joe Jr! :)
Ohn Lang

Post by Ohn Lang »

Marstol Nitely wrote:I hope you get some more entries before the deadline Ohn. If not, I definitely think Minethere should win this one hands down. Her report was more detailed and made me want to revisit Serenity Island. I was thinking about future Tourist Report contests (if you choose to do them). What if instead of awarding the prize to the tourist, it is awarded to the person who created the world? Just a thought, and you know me, I had to put my two KC's in. :lol:
Hey! Interesting thought! A way for us to show some appreciation to the wonderfully talented world creators! So, what would be judged, the tourist report or the world it is about?
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

"Congratulations Minethere! I'll be logging in shortly to send you the award"

ooo0o!! tyvm!! <(+_+)>Ťhє plєaşurє is ムlwayş ოinє<(+_+)>

♩ ♪♫ ♬ klappy klappy klapaloossa ♩ ♪♫ ♬

.•´¯`•->リєєєєєєサคคคคคคคคค<-•´¯`•.
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...