CONTEST: Tourist Reports - Interesting Worlds - CLOSED

Ask questions about using the Kitely website
Ohn Lang

Re: CONTEST: Tourist Reports - Interesting Worlds

Post by Ohn Lang »

It can be any world, except mine. :)

The idea is for you to *play the part* of tourist in that world, but you don't actually have to be a tourist.
Anita Hawks

Post by Anita Hawks »

This has Merit, I just might be able to do this :D
Dot Macchi

Post by Dot Macchi »

Minethere Always wrote:I would, of course, prefer to show off other people's worlds, but that KC issue and lack of time makes this difficult.
Minethere, a lot of people have chosen to make their worlds accessible to people like yourself by paying for your time in their world.

To find them, look at the worlds that appear in the first few pages of Search (after the ones with people in them, I mean). They stretch from Ener Hax's Hackers Sleepless City as far as Reba Rives' Secret Garden. That is nearly 40 General or Moderate worlds you could choose from.

Click on any of them, and check below the big blue button. If it says FREE, it means it won't cost you anything in terms of KC or minutes. So you can explore them without worrying.
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Dot Macchi wrote:
Minethere Always wrote:I would, of course, prefer to show off other people's worlds, but that KC issue and lack of time makes this difficult.
Minethere, a lot of people have chosen to make their worlds accessible to people like yourself by paying for your time in their world.

To find them, look at the worlds that appear in the first few pages of Search (after the ones with people in them, I mean). They stretch from Ener Hax's Hackers Sleepless City as far as Reba Rives' Secret Garden. That is nearly 40 General or Moderate worlds you could choose from.

Click on any of them, and check below the big blue button. If it says FREE, it means it won't cost you anything in terms of KC or minutes. So you can explore them without worrying.
Oh yes-)) I am in Serenity Island right now and noticed it said free...hehe, so, heck, I will just do my tourist entry here-)) [er..or there]
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Constance Peregrine

Tourista Report-))

Upon landing in Serenity Island I notice [being a terraformer-))] the nice ground textures. Very pretty to my eyes.

There is an information area and I especially recommend getting the Attribution notecard. I notice a place I get sounds from often, freesound.org. Lawrence has been exhaustive in making sure all content is well noted and credit given. From particles by Jopsy to Linda's often used and seen opensim items. Information is in English and [forgive me if I am wrong I am just a dumb Texan] in Spanish.
serenity island info kiosk.jpg
A very nice teleporter script is used and I whisked msyelf up to 300 meters to the Space Port in Sky City. Instructions boards give hints on how to best experience the area.
serenity island space port.jpg
I walk though a tube to the end and touch a teleporter and end up at 2019 m in the Space Station orbiting Mother Earth, with wispy clouds rolling over it.
serenity island space station_001.jpg
As I get my bearings, I walk around the place a bit and find another teleporter that brings me back to Sky City in front of a nice bank of teleporter choices. I choose the Moonbeam Cafe - Cafe del Rayo de Luna, in Sky City also. As I enjoy my sugar-free Blended Drink, I think that yes, I will indeed need to return to Serenity Island, there is much, much more to see & do.
Last edited by Constance Peregrine on Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ephemeral wanderer...
Constance Peregrine

The forums would not allow more than 3 attachments, so here is the 4th one of the Moonbeam Cafe-))
serenity island moonbeam cafe_001.jpg

Ephemeral wanderer...
Ohn Lang

Post by Ohn Lang »

Wohoo! First participant. Thank you Minethere. I just sent you the 120KC
Constance Peregrine

Ohn Lang wrote:Wohoo! First participant. Thank you Minethere. I just sent you the 120KC
ooooo..../me lucky!! tyvm!!

Ephemeral wanderer...
Ohn Lang

Post by Ohn Lang »

Minethere Always wrote:The forums would not allow more than 3 attachments...
I didn't even realize there was a way to upload attachments. I've been using the Img tag with links to images posted to snapzilla (SLU).
Constance Peregrine

Ohn Lang wrote:
Minethere Always wrote:The forums would not allow more than 3 attachments...
I didn't even realize there was a way to upload attachments. I've been using the Img tag with links to images posted to snapzilla (SLU).
hehe-)) it's not real clear.

Ephemeral wanderer...