Prompts to review products

Ask questions about using the Kitely website
Sherrie Melody

Prompts to review products

Post by Sherrie Melody »

The other day, I bought some things from Ozwell. One of the items I had bought by mistake (he refunded me by the way). I had no intention of rezzing, using, or even looking at that item. I reviewed the other items that I did rezz, but I did not want to review the item I bought by mistake.

I kept getting a prompt to review that specific item, and I didn't see a way to permanently close that prompt, such as some way to indicate I didn't want to review it. Eventually, I added a review that said that I bought the item by mistake and that Ozwell had refunded me even though I hadn't asked. My review star rating was actually about his customer service not the product itself. But, what if he hadn't refunded me? I didn't ask for a refund or expect it, and I didn't want the product. And in that case, I honestly would have had nothing good or bad to say about the product.

That process got me to wonder. Is there a way to permanently close a prompt to review a specific item, without having to review the item? I didn't see a way, but maybe I missed it?

If I buy items, and wind up not using them or don't really have an opinion one way or the other or don't want to review the item for some personal reason, I would like to be able to choose an option to 'not review this item' or 'not be prompted to review this item in future' so that I can permanently get rid of the review prompt for that item.
Ilan Tochner

Re: Prompts to review products

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Sherrie,

The way the review reminder currently works is that it reminds you to review the latest item you bought and haven't reviewed yet. If you dismiss this message a review reminder won't show up until you've bought another item. There is currently no way to select to never be reminded to review a particular item.

We'll need to consider how to add such an option without complicating the UI or making it hard for people to change their mind and decide to review an item after all.
Sherrie Melody

Post by Sherrie Melody »

Thanks Ilan for taking a look at it. All product pages have the "Add review" link, which is enabled for products we own that we have not yet reviewed. If that could be disentangled from the function/process that displays the prompt that would be much appreciated.
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

hmmmm, I just hit "dismiss", and move on, am I missing out on something here? [really, really, dislikes missing out on somethings]
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Sherrie,

I'm not sure I understand your last comment. The reminder is for items which you bought and have yet to review. What do you mean by "disentangled from the function/process that displays the prompt"?
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

The prompt is a bit of a nag, so can become irritating if it is to a product you don't want to review just yet.

For example, the product might be part of a long-term project where you need time to fully check it out in order to provide useful feedback.

Is it possible to have a button to turn off the prompt, like we can turn off the animations if we want to?

If we do want to review items later, we can scan the transaction list.
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post:
Sherrie Melody
Sherrie Melody

Post by Sherrie Melody »

Ilan Tochner wrote:Hi Sherrie,

I'm not sure I understand your last comment. The reminder is for items which you bought and have yet to review. What do you mean by "disentangled from the function/process that displays the prompt"?
Earlier you had said
Ilan Tochner wrote: We'll need to consider how to add such an option without complicating the UI or making it hard for people to change their mind and decide to review an item after all.
I understood that to mean that the process that displays the prompt is tied to the process that enables the "Add review" link in product pages. I was just saying it would be great if the "Add review" links could remain enabled (for products we have bought and haven't reviewed yet) while at the same time giving us the option of permanently dismissing a particular prompt to review.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Thanks Sherrie, now I understand your comment :-)
Sherrie Melody

Post by Sherrie Melody »

Dot Matrix wrote: For example, the product might be part of a long-term project where you need time to fully check it out in order to provide useful feedback.
Exactly. Just two of those prompts consumes a good chunk of the top of the screen.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Okay, we'll look into this once we're done with the update to OepnSim 0.7.6 (which is what we're working on now).
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Sherrie MelodyConstance Peregrine