Loading Kitely megaregion OARs into varregions

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
Dot Matrix

Loading Kitely megaregion OARs into varregions

Post by Dot Matrix »

I'm working with a 2x2 Kitely world and a 512x512m varregion in OpenSim 0.8.1 running in private grid mode (so Robust, but not hypergridded).

First I saved an OAR of the Kitely world with Advanced Megaregion ON. When this OAR was loaded into the varregion, the objects loaded in all four quarters of the varregion, but the terrain loaded only in the SW corner. All the other regions were flat.

Then I tried saving an OAR of the Kitely world with Advanced Megaregion OFF. When this OAR was loaded into the varregion, only the objects and terrain in the SW corner were loaded.

How can I get the terrain to save/load into the non-SW parts of the varregion? Will the terrain tips on http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Tips help?
Ilan Tochner

Re: Loading Kitely megaregion OARs into varregions

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Dot,

Have you tried exporting the world from Kitely with Advanced Megaregions mode turned off and importing it into your local grid when it is configured as separate regions (i.g. not configured as a megaregion or a varregion)?
Dot Matrix

Re: Loading Kitely megaregion OARs into varregions

Post by Dot Matrix »

That worked, thanks. :)

I needed to select the SW region by name (i.e. not just "root") in the Console, then the Kitely 2x2 non-Advanced Megaregion OAR loaded in all four regions, complete with terrain.