water table height adjustment

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
Mindy Mathy
Has thanked: 0

water table height adjustment

Post by Mindy Mathy »

I need the water table in my region raised one (1) meter. (this is not a new region)
Please advise. Thank you, Mindy
Ilan Tochner

Re: water table height adjustment

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Mindy,

You can raise the water level in your world using the viewer tools but this may cause the water level to look weird as the regions outside your world will still be at their default 20m elevation. This visual problem can be overcome if you surround the world with land so that the difference in water level isn't visible.
Mindy Mathy
Has thanked: 0

Post by Mindy Mathy »

OK, thank you, but I did not describe the issue clearly -- The default value for the water in my region IS 19M and
is not 20m ?? (it Should be 20M) The value of 19M also seems to be 'default' value for surrounding "non-regions". That is to say
there is no distortion between MY Region water level and surrounding "phantom" (for lack of a better word) water regions.
(OK, bear with me Please...) Example ... Rezz a cube and place half above half below my water line. You will see that
the cube is located at 19M and is not at 20M. So, what does this mean you might ask? .... When I take an
OAR file of my land and load it into MY own Opensim on my computer it is the Kitely OAR (my Kitely region)
which shows up 1 Meter below all the other regions in MY opensim (on my computer).It is THERE that
the adjoining water is distorted because the Kitely OAR has everything coded 1 meter Low.
Therefore, I assert the problem is not a viewer issue, but is an issue (somewhere?) in the code.
I'm open to any and all courses of action including complete dismissal of the above constituting
a Kitely issue.
Thanks again , Mindy Mathy (Antigua)

P.S. I created a second region to test the water level and "fresh out of the box", the water line IS 20M.
P.P S. If you folks reset the water line then the land will need to be raised 1 meter also ("terrain elevate 1.0")
I will worry about and correct any prims that get burried when both the waterline and land are raised 1 Meter.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Mindy,

I visited your world and it does indeed have the water level set at 19m instead of the default 20m elevation.

The default water level for Kitely worlds created from the world templates we provide is always set to 20m so the only way it can change is if you configure it to be something else or create/replace your world using an OAR file that sets a different water level value.

Did you create (or later replaced) your world by uploading an OAR file?

When using Firestorm you can change the water level of your world by pressing <Alt>+R to open the Region/Estate Details dialog then switching to the Terrain tab and setting the Water Height field.

Please note that if you do so for your existing world to increase the water level from 19m to 20m then some of your existing rezzed objects and terrain may become submerged.