MLP scripting issues

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
Serendipity Seraph

MLP scripting issues

Post by Serendipity Seraph »

I have experienced several times now more complicated anim scripts like MLP containing multiple poses and adjustment code within the scripts going wonky. By wonky I mean they get into a state where the scripts are confused and reset of the scripts fails. It freezes after the Starting reset of N scripts.. message. In the Reset Progress popup (Singularity Viewer). When this happens the scripted items become unusable as they no longer ask for animate your avatar. It doesn't always stay stuck. Sometimes it corrects itself. Heisenbug.
Min Tigerpaw

Re: MLP scripting issues

Post by Min Tigerpaw »

Hi Serendipity,
this is something I observed as well with the MLP posing scripts. The objects with my own posing menu (MT Single Pose) are also not free from such effects of getting stuck arbitrarily at some time. Some of them are working fine for many months now (like some in the Welcome Center) .... some get stuck and don't get you the menu all of a sudden. I so far couldn't figure out what causes that. Maybe it is caused by the KItely specific system of worlds being not permanently on but being loaded on demand.
However my scripts usually can be reset by anyone who has the rights to edit the object and knows how to do it. For multiposing currently we seem to be stuck with the MPL scripts. My multipose menu script will probably not be available before Q2 '14. I plan to host a themed discussion on scripted posing as one the next meetings in Jan '14 at my place to discuss issues and needs for single and multiposing in Kitely.
Cheers
Min
Sherrie Melody

Re: MLP scripting issues

Post by Sherrie Melody »

Would it be possible to modify the scripts so that they reset when the region restarts (changed event, CHANGED_REGION_START)?