Pursued by a ghostlike wig

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
Handy Low

Re: Pursued by a ghostlike wig

Post by Handy Low »

That's some strange hair, Dot. :)
Handy Low
Marstol Nitely

Post by Marstol Nitely »

Would it be possible to select everything in the hud except the wig, and unlink it?
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

There are 91 prims in the hair. I'd be a bit worried about unlinking them.

By editing one parameter at a time (before Firestorm freezes each time), I've been able to move the HUD-style wig off screen. I don't know whether this will work for others, so if you would like to check, I've opened up the world to visit. Please excuse the mess.

To check, please wear a HUD when you visit.

http://www.kitely.com/virtual-world/Dot-Matrix/Devokan
Marstol Nitely

Post by Marstol Nitely »

Dot Matrix wrote:There are 91 prims in the hair. I'd be a bit worried about unlinking them.
I was thinking you could use Edit Linked, then select the parts other than the hair using the Shift key, then unlink those from the hair. That way the hair is separated from HUD prims with 91 prims still attached and separate from the HUD. Then you can relink the HUD prims (using Edit Link and the shift key again) and take it into your inventory. Then you have two separate editable items: The new HUD (minus hair) and for lack of a better description, the Hair HUD :D
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

This really is a bizarre beastie! It's invisible to Firestorm's Area Search, but not to Imprudence. But when I choose Edit from Imprudence's Area Object Search I can no longer see the hair selected.

There are some inworld developments ... let's see if the UUID of the object is enough to enable it to be zapped. (Fingers crossed!)
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post:
Marstol Nitely
Marstol Nitely

Post by Marstol Nitely »

I had something similar last year. My memory of the solution is a bit fuzzy, but I think I created a blank world (lovely benefit of being a Kitely customer), seperated the HUD (like I mentioned above), took the HUD into inventory and then clicked on the land to return the item that rezzed with the HUD and returned it to inventory. I suppose I could have just left it in the world since I deleted it anyway, but after all the trouble it had given me, I really wanted see that sucker deleted forever. If I'd had a virtual toilet to flush it down, I would have at that point!

Good luck!
These users thanked the author Marstol Nitely for the post:
Dot Matrix
Oren Hurvitz

Post by Oren Hurvitz »

I tried to reproduce the problem, but it didn't happen to me, even though I did wear a HUD. The object, which was called "Dot black hair 24 Oct", was: a) Positioned at the edge of the world; b) Tiny (scale 0.1); c) Had flags like an attachment. It didn't follow me around, and I couldn't see it even when I was standing right next to it, but that might be just because of its scale.

So I deleted the object. I hope you weren't too attached to it. :lol:
These users thanked the author Oren Hurvitz for the post (total 3):
Marstol NitelyDot MatrixSelby Evans
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

The small size, I confess, was my own attempt in trying to minimise the problem. :oops:

So: many thanks, Oren, for taking the scissors to some very unruly hair and fixing it for good! :D