half of my megaregion is down

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
Barnard Smith

half of my megaregion is down

Post by Barnard Smith »

Cant work tp or anything relogging doesnt help, region restarts are disabled maybe it needs one thanks
added later: web site says Im already in-world but Im not...says my avatar is in-world and im conected but I am not. half my region went down and now the site will not log me in. rebooting my system doesnt help
Ilan Tochner

Re: half of my megaregion is down

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Barnard,

We're looking into it now.
Ohn Lang

Post by Ohn Lang »

Just an FYI. I was just in my ohn freebies world and had heavy lag, chat lag. Everything was great earlier. I thought maybe it was my viewer going wonky so logged into my other world Unsound Isle. That was even more weird, heavy lag plus all the ground textures, most other textures too, were a flat orangy color, LOL. I've logged out for the day. Dinero mentioned that someone else was having issues too.
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

I logged into one of my closed regions with Lumiya and was unable to get a 3D view and eventually the viewer lagged out. I logged in again and it was fine. Maybe Ilan did some magic in the meantime?
Oren Hurvitz

Post by Oren Hurvitz »

Graham, the reason for your experience is probably because we have just now updated the system, and your initial login attempt was during the update. We show notices of this on our website, but of course Lumiya has no way of knowing that.

The previous slowdowns reported in this thread appear to have been caused by a runaway world that was using a lot of resources. That problem was solved by restarting the world. (And shortly afterwards we updated the entire system.)
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

Thanks, Oren.
Barnard Smith

Re: half of my megaregion is down again

Post by Barnard Smith »

Same thing as before or last night, half the megaregion is gone, no work, no tp, frozzen, logging in on the web site shows me on but im not. Both times I was working on a animation MLPV2 engine, work is lost each time. World/ Region restarts are disabled by the game mgmt.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Branard,

First, some background info:

If a world page indicates that you are still inworld when you think you aren't then please press the "disconnect here" link on the world page of the world you last entered. This will cause our system to disconnect you from that world even if that world is frozen, which in turn will enable you to enter another world.

Our system doesn't allow manual restarts but you can force a restart by leaving a world, waiting 4 minutes then reentering it. This will be enough time for the system to detect the world is empty and shut it down. Then next time the world is started it will be on a freshly started simulator.

Now to address the problem you reported:

First, I recommend saving scripts so you don't lose work if the simulator freezes.

Can you provide a bit more detail on what exactly you were doing when the simulator froze?

Was the region/parcel set to disable physics? That can prevent movement.

BTW, I waited for the world to shut down and reentered it and it now seems okay - I can walk, fly and teleport inside it.
Barnard Smith

Post by Barnard Smith »

I have disconnected from the site, but when entering the world the half that is gone is still gone and when approaching it I am frozen in the half that is gone.

The engines or MLPV2 that I was working on are Linda Kellies engines both times. I have upgraded her engines to more suite my needs and it isn’t a removal of a single script or the changing of one..it was simple changing of the positions to better fit my partner and myself. I can’t save all of the work because it seems to happen during the reloading of her engine into another prim, or during the engine’s restart. I really don’t believe it is the engine because I have used them in other worlds…if it is the engine I believe it may be Kitely’s reaction to the loading and restarting of these engines.

The area that the engines are on is the half of my megaregion that disappears. I first notice that I can’t move forcing a reclog then I log out then try to log back in…the site shows me on and in-world. I disconnect from the site..then have to relog at least twice. When entering the world half my megaregion is gone…if I approach it I will frozen in place between what is there and what is gone. ..forcing another relog or shut down or just and give up.
Ohn Lang

Post by Ohn Lang »

I can’t save all of the work because it seems to happen during the reloading of her engine into another prim, or during the engine’s restart.
When I am working on scripts, I use the LSLEditor.exe tool which is an offline lsl editing tool, much like notepad but with support for lsl functions and includes color formatting and function parameter popups too. When scripting, I have the editor open and and the viewer open. I make changes to the script in the editor, and then copy/paste into the script file inworld to try out. This is nice because all my script packages are backed up offworld. It is especially nice when I do a BIG bork on the script inworld. If it crashes the world, I still have my work in the offline files.