Recently rezzed prims dissapear while I am gone

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
Kayaker Magic

Recently rezzed prims dissapear while I am gone

Post by Kayaker Magic »

I'm testing my tree rezzer, and it seems to work fine. Then I log out and when I come back, most of the trees that it rezzed are gone!
Not the most recent trees rezzed, it seems that the ones the rezzer rezzed first are preferentially deleted.
(How many trees can a tree rezzer rez if a tree rezzer could rez trees? ;-)

Just so you know, I'm not expecting the rezzer to continue working after I log off and there is nobody on the world. I let the rezzer run for a while when I am there, I wait for the forest to grow to a nice state, I tell the rezzer to stop (usually I delete it). I admire the forest. I log off. When I come back, most of the trees are gone!

Since I have to hang around and watch, I do tell the rezzer to rez trees at a fast rate: one every 0.5 seconds.

Is there something I can do to force these trees to persist? Like rez something else by hand before I log out? Slow down the rezzer?
Constance Peregrine

Re: Recently rezzed prims dissapear while I am gone

Post by Constance Peregrine »

I dunno, but Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers;
A peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked;
If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers,
Where's the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?

I know, this is rather a lame comment, my only defense, also lame, is that I have had little coffee yet :lol: :roll:

Good luck on the real issues tho, it makes me curious too.
These users thanked the author Constance Peregrine for the post:
Boo Rojyo
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

Out of curiosity, do trees disappear if you leave the world, either by logging-off or visiting another world, and then return before it's had a chance to close?
Kayaker Magic wrote:I'm testing my tree rezzer, and it seems to work fine. Then I log out and when I come back, most of the trees that it rezzed are gone!
Not the most recent trees rezzed, it seems that the ones the rezzer rezzed first are preferentially deleted.

Just so you know, I'm not expecting the rezzer to continue working after I log off and there is nobody on the world. I let the rezzer run for a while when I am there, I wait for the forest to grow to a nice state, I tell the rezzer to stop (usually I delete it). I admire the forest. I log off. When I come back, most of the trees are gone!

Since I have to hang around and watch, I do tell the rezzer to rez trees at a fast rate: one every 0.5 seconds.

Is there something I can do to force these trees to persist? Like rez something else by hand before I log out? Slow down the rezzer?
QuantumChaos Portal
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by QuantumChaos Portal »

is your rezzer rezzing temporary trees or permanent ones? if they are sprouting trees out at a fast pace one would imagine the prim counts would get very high quickly. the oldest of said temporary trees would then be the 1st to disappear after you relog into the sim as I'm sure every time the sim goes offline it saves up to the last 30 seconds to a few minutes of "current rezzes" and just because its temporary doesn't necessarily mean its 1 minute long temp. the trees could be scripted to stay for any length of time and then derez.
Kayaker Magic

Post by Kayaker Magic »

The rezzer is rezzing trees that do not have the "temporary" bit set. I would expect temporary trees to all be gone after being away.
Many of the trees are still there and it looks like the same ones that survived the first round are still there.
Typically I log off and back on later, I did not teleport to someplace else and come back.
I'm not able to experiment with this often because of another bug I reported: llGround does not work in mega regions.
So I have to turn mega regions off, rez a bunch of trees, log in and out a few times to see over half the trees disapear, then turn megaregions back on to continue testing sailboats. The combination of these problems is making my landscaping go very slowly.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Can you please try the rezzer with simple cubes to see if this problem can be reproduced with objects that shouldn't take long to persist?

Also, please try teleporting to Kitely Welcome Center then teleporting back after 1 minute to see if this problem also exists when the world hasn't had time to shut down yet.
Kayaker Magic

Post by Kayaker Magic »

Lots of very strange things are happening. I tried rezzing cubes instead of trees. The cube had a very similar script to make it a good test. I rezzed several hundred of them, logged out and back in, they were all always there. I tried turning mega regions off and rezzing a bunch more cubes, logging off and on, the cubes were still there.

So I went back to rezzing trees, the first few experiments were negative, meaning 200 trees survived logging on and off a few times. So I rezzed 400 more. They were still there when I came back, but while I watched, all the trees disappeared! Sort of one at a time, but very fast. So I tried rezzing 600 or so cubes to see if they did the same thing. When I logged out and came back, the trees were back again! But like the time before, they all disappeared again! But the cubes did not. They are still there. I logged out and logged back in again. The trees were there when I arrived and disappeared again after a minute. The cubes are still there, and never do the disappearing act.

Are the trees actually still there? And they just become invisible after a minute? (And phantom?)

This is all taking place in one of my regions, but not the "root" SW region. It all happens with mega regions turned off (because llGround doesn't work in megaregions, and the rezzer needs to know the ground level to plant trees above the ground). It may not happen to me in the SW region, but I don't need trees there. (It is under water). The trees are made of two sculpts, and the only difference in the script in the cube is that the script in the cube doesn't change the size of itself, but the script in the tree changes the size of the two sculpts (the trunk and the leaves) once only at on_rez time.

I turned mega region back on before giving up for the evening, and some of the trees, like only 15 out of 600, were there when I checked back in. They did not disappear after a while. The cubes are all still there.

I'm baffled about what could possibly be happening...
Last edited by Kayaker Magic on Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Are the trees appearing in your inventory? Is it possible they are being autoreturned?
Oren Hurvitz

Post by Oren Hurvitz »

Are the trees using Sculpts or Meshes? I'm asking because I have seen this behavior (or something similar) with Sculpts. I have a test region with about 20 sculpties. I've seen that sometimes when I enter the region, some of the sculpties don't appear. However, they actually do exist: I can verify this by selecting a square around them. Sometimes this even makes them appear. This behavior is inconsistent. Since the data in the simulator exists all the time, I chalked this up to a viewer bug.

Please try selecting around the area of the trees: are they actually there, and just invisible? If the trees aren't there then please send me your rezzer (full-perms) and instructions about how to use it to reproduce the problem, and I'll see what I can find.
Dundridge Dreadlow

Post by Dundridge Dreadlow »

Have you tried the obvious ? Clearing the cache, this should get rid of any non rendering meshes or sculpties.
Does the script change the size inadvertently to zero ? If it's a directly ported SL script there may be issues.
If the llGround is misbehaving, stick a real number in there above the ground height and rez on the flat.
Is it possible that the objects contained in the rezzer are temp-on-rez ? It is not impossible the object is corrupted.
Other than that, you'll need to get the script checked :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
PS. Kitely is awesome.