How to rent out parcels in Kitely?

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
Ilan Tochner

Re: How to rent out parcels in Kitely?

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Min,

Enabling land sales requires creating a Kitely Credits system connector to support such actions. We didn't think doing so was a higher priority than the other things we've worked on so far, but if there is demand we'll prioritize developing that connector after we're done rolling out the Kitely Market Hypergrid Delivery system.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Keith SelmesOzwell Wayfarer
Deuce Halsey

Post by Deuce Halsey »

Ilan Tochner wrote:We didn't think doing so was a higher priority than the other things we've worked on so far, but if there is demand we'll prioritize developing that connector after we're done rolling out the Kitely Market Hypergrid Delivery system.
Nothing should be higher priority for you and Oren than getting Kitely hooked up to the Hypergrid, for both Market deliveries for avatar HG travel. Well, with the possible exceptions of eating, drinking and (occasionally) sleeping. After getting Kitely fully HG enabled, it would probably be a good idea to put enabling land sales near the top of the list for updates to work on.

Allowing land sales in Kitely would really make it easier to rent/share land parcels in our Kitely worlds. Yes, deeding the parcel to a group and having the tenant being a member of the group works... to a point. But it really uses up groups and it's not as elegant or complete a solution as the "sale" of parcels to the tenants. Plus let's face it, the land sales model is what most people coming to Kitely from SL will be used to, so it will take them feel much more at home.
These users thanked the author Deuce Halsey for the post (total 2):
Marstol NitelyOzwell Wayfarer
Deuce Halsey
Just4yucks in Kitely Marketplace
http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2704782
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Deuce Halsey wrote:Nothing should be higher priority for you and Oren than getting Kitely hooked up to the Hypergrid, for both Market deliveries for avatar HG travel. Well, with the possible exceptions of eating, drinking and (occasionally) sleeping.
no, it should come BEFORE eating, drinking, and sleeping :oops: :mrgreen: :roll: :o :lol:
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Isis Ophelia

Post by Isis Ophelia »

Long ago as I ran my PC-Grid in public mode to let a friend use one of my regions, I asked around and was told that the Opensim software allows to sell land for 0 to a specific user, that the only I needed to do it's to set a helper URL in the [GridInfoService]. That I did and it worked fine.

As Kitely runs no money system either, setting their helper uri should do the job too but in order to sell a parcel one needed to know the name of the buyer as it's not possible to sell land for 0 to anyone.
IDdesigns @ Kitely Marketplace http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2075571

You`d like to meet others inworld? Join the Meet & Chat Corner group and say hello
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Isis,

Kitely does have a money system, it's the system that manages Kitely Credits and the one that allows you to see transaction history in the History page of your account. That's why enabling land sales (even for 0 KC) is not as trivial as you think. Doing do requires us to connect our money system with the helper URL you referred to and also adding functionality to track such transactions so they too can appear in the History page.
Deuce Halsey

Post by Deuce Halsey »

I could live with this, even if all land sales had to be for KC0, and even if I could only set parcels for sale to a specified Avatar. I plan to have my tenants pay their monthly rents via Paypal anyway, so after I negotiate a deal with a new tenant and I receive their first month's payment I could simply set the parcel for sale for KC0 to the tenant avatar.

In fact requiring it to be done this way would help discourage anyone from trying to set up an SL-style land baron operation in Kitely. Those of us world owners with a small number of parcels we'd like to rent out to help cover costs won't mind the small amount of extra hassle with this kind of system.
Deuce Halsey
Just4yucks in Kitely Marketplace
http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2704782
Min Tigerpaw

Post by Min Tigerpaw »

Agree with Deuce .... selling to a specified avatar at 0 KC would fit all my needs as well. :P
The danger of "land barons" I don't see with the Kitely setup, as the regular account sets a natural limit to speculation with the free region it provides and the avi paying for time spent there.
Carlos Loff

Post by Carlos Loff »

Any other system than rental boxes will make us spend huge amount of time in contacts, spreadsheets, checklists, reminders, etc - That is not taking advantage on Virual Worlds automated advantages

But Kitely rental boxes must be special, they must be able to resume time lapse between region shut down and region open up

Im finishing building my 16 region world, specially made for rentals and still stuck on how will I run rents

MAJOR ISSUE - UREGNT SOLUTION NEEDED - Someone script a Rental Box for Kitely and we will all buy it fast
These users thanked the author Carlos Loff for the post:
Selby Evans
Kitely - Meta Lisbon --> grid.kitely.com:8002:Meta Lisbon Startups
Join Me on Meetup --> https://www.meetup.com/metalisbonstartups/
Join Kitely Group --> Meta Lisbon Startups
Danko Whitfield

Post by Danko Whitfield »

when I rented out land in SL a few years back, I used the Hippo system. It had inworld rental boxes and other inworld tools but you could also manage your rentals via the Hippo website. i thought it was excellent and as far as i know it's still very popular.

i'd love to see those guys or a company with a similar system come in to Kitely.

i would like to rent out land or regions or individual housing or parcels in Kitely but only if the act of renting is simple. if the Hippo system was available on Kitely Market, I would have already purchased it and be renting out space now.
These users thanked the author Danko Whitfield for the post:
Selby Evans
Carlos Loff

Post by Carlos Loff »

Min Tigerpaw wrote:Agree with Deuce .... selling to a specified avatar at 0 KC would fit all my needs as well. :P
The danger of "land barons" I don't see with the Kitely setup, as the regular account sets a natural limit to speculation with the free region it provides and the avi paying for time spent there.
Selling a Parcel would only solve a problem than can already be solved - Land Perms

If you set the parcels you want to rent to - Group Deed - and than Tenants join the Group and get a special Group Role you design, where you choose exactly what rights they have on the Land, that problem is already easy to solve today at Kitely

The main issue is keeping track of forward rental periods in an easy way - Rental Boxes that update when regions awake is the fastest solution
Kitely - Meta Lisbon --> grid.kitely.com:8002:Meta Lisbon Startups
Join Me on Meetup --> https://www.meetup.com/metalisbonstartups/
Join Kitely Group --> Meta Lisbon Startups