Whacky teleports...

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
Dundridge Dreadlow

Whacky teleports...

Post by Dundridge Dreadlow »

I've been teleporting to and from a few worlds later, notably Computer Plaza which is a 2x2 Advanced Megaregion. Several times I've arrived in rather odd locations... ie, off sim, in the sky.. Usually sitting somewhere fixes it. This has been occurring frequently recently, but I'm also doing more in-world teleports than normal :)

I'm assuming it has something to do with the different coordinates used, however the landing coords don't seem to relate to the leaving coords, and I've also had weirdness landing at the megaregion. Arriving off sim is slightly disturbing since I can't fly INTO a sim I've arrived outside of. Relogging does fix the issue, and I have not noticed it occurring using the world page teleports.

Nope, it does not happen every time :)

At the moment I'm chalking it up to "that was weird." and the viewer not receiving the landing coords correctly
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
PS. Kitely is awesome.
Ilan Tochner

Re: Whacky teleports...

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Dundridge,

Are you teleporting by clicking the map/minimap or using a landmark?
Dundridge Dreadlow

..scripts (osteleportagent) and landmarks. Notably firestorms landmark "favourites bar". Not via minimap or world map. Unfortunately for bug tracking, it's not every time. It works most of the time, but sometimes off region. A landing at computer plaza earlier today (about an hour or so back-ish from one of the KWCs) arrived miles out of region and caused a forced logout, but I don't expect that will help much :) I'll keep an eye on it.
PS. Kitely is awesome.
Dundridge Dreadlow

arrival at... 723087 2247 23, viewer crash, interesting... I broke physics :)
PS. Kitely is awesome.