Setting up a landing spot

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
Louis-Francis De_Beauharnois

Re: Setting up a landing spot

Post by Louis-Francis De_Beauharnois »

Thank you Graham, you are correct, I indeed want to prevent people to teleport anywhere using CAM or MAP like it is done in SL when you turn off Direct TP.

It would be a good option 2 to use a script to monitor the sim but I tought if this feature worked in InWorld and in SL it should work too in Kitely.
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Louis, here is a list of ossl functions for Opensim running with core (as Kitely does and as many others do).

eta added the darn http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Category:OSSL_Functions

I don't know scripting but there did seem to be some things there that you might use.

Inworldz grid only implementations (or ones they changed in some regards) often use iw rather than os prefixes, so you might look for that in scripts you brought from there, and then find the os implementation if there is one.

regards
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Please note that if you use OSSL functions in a Kitely world then you should make sure your avatar has the proper permissions to run them in that world. See: https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... functions/
Moonrise Azalee

Post by Moonrise Azalee »

So to verify, does this mean that unchecking Direct Teleport in Region settings does not work in OpenSim/Kitely?

I use this ability in another grid because it 1) forces everyone to land at the landing zone and 2) ensures people don't just suddenly rez in disturbing roleplay, especially if they aren't in character or want to cause problems (not a common thing in here though thankfully, to be disruptive and trollish) Combined with fly turned off, this helps keep people off of private platforms and 'flying through' an area which is very OOC unless one's character is intended to have super powers :D
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

As far as I know and consistent with Dot's original post it works when entering a world but not, as per the question by Louis-Francis, when an avatar is already within a world.

It might be worth looking at https://www.kitely.com/market?cat=51507.
Moonrise Azalee wrote:So to verify, does this mean that unchecking Direct Teleport in Region settings does not work in OpenSim/Kitely?

I use this ability in another grid because it 1) forces everyone to land at the landing zone and 2) ensures people don't just suddenly rez in disturbing roleplay, especially if they aren't in character or want to cause problems (not a common thing in here though thankfully, to be disruptive and trollish) Combined with fly turned off, this helps keep people off of private platforms and 'flying through' an area which is very OOC unless one's character is intended to have super powers :D

Thanks for the cue Graham, I just purchased it and no, it does not solve the issue, only prevent people from flying. You can still Tp anywhere you want with this on.
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

It might be worth contacting Cirrus Stratus to see if the additional requirements can be incorporated as the product has the potential to be useful in a number of contexts, including education. If not (and in the absence of other volunteers), I would be willing to take a look at the problem -- please message me here on the forum in the first instance.
Cirrus Stratus
Has thanked: 0

Post by Cirrus Stratus »

Will have something ready today. Because there is no way to detect a teleport by script the following method is best I'm able to achieve with a scripted gadget.

Record avatars position and monitor every second or so measuring distance traveled between points, and, if avatar travels a distance greater than RUN speed (taking into account flying if allowed or falling) the gadget can make an educated "guess" a teleport had taken place and return the avatar to previous known position prior to the teleport. The only problem I see with this being, would prevent avatar from using any telepad device or any method of transport that travels faster than RUN speed. There is always around this but complicates things a little further. If you want an avatar to be allowed to use a TP device than it would need to be a customized telepad that tells the Teleport monitor an allowed method of teleport is taking place.. blah blah without boring everyone too much.
These users thanked the author Cirrus Stratus for the post (total 2):
Graham MillsLouis-Francis De_Beauharnois
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

That sounds good, Cirrus.

Incidentally, in my hands at least (as world owner), both map search and address take me to the landing point while a landmark bypasses the landing point.

The new version update work as expected. You can use it to prevent Direct teleport AND Cirrus added a script to add to your TP Pad so you can still use them. I had the issue of having a welcome center in a skybox but for the RP people can't fly OR TP. Now with this amazing gadget problem is solve.

Thanks again Cirrus.

Product link :
https://www.kitely.com/market/product/1 ... r=10423050
These users thanked the author Louis-Francis De_Beauharnois for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerGraham MillsMoonrise Azalee