Problem Connecting to Destination - Login failed

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
Nicola Lercari
Been thanked: 0

Problem Connecting to Destination - Login failed

Post by Nicola Lercari »

Hi all,

I have been experiencing an issue in logging in the virtual worlds I manage (Wired! World and ISIS Sandbox) and also others VWs (same issue happened with Egypt SIM) for the past couple of days. I read about the Kitely server updated and was wondering if this issue is caused by that. I have been using Kitely VW for 8 months now and never experienced this issue.

Let me try to explain the issue:

I open my OpenSim viewer (I tried this with Kokua, Singularity, and CtrlAltrStudio viewer), regularly input my avatar name and password and type the name of my SIM (e.g. Wired! World).

Avatar is shown in the Kitely teleport station waiting for the server to turn on my SIM. Then the viewer seems to connect to region but all of a sudden goes back to Kitely station and displays the following error message:

Teleport failed
Problems connecting to destination Wired! World, reason:
Connection between viewer and destination region could not be established

Does anybody have experience the same problem? Solutions?
Graham Mills

Re: Problem Connecting to Destination - Login failed

Post by Graham Mills »

I don't have a solution but I just got into the ISIS Sandbox with the latest CtrlAltStudio without problems, also with an old Kokua.
Oren Hurvitz

Post by Oren Hurvitz »

Hi Nicola,

It looks like every time your avatar enters a world, it causes a crash in the ODE physics library. Congratulations; I've never seen that before :) This obviously causes the world to have trouble, which is why you can't enter it.

Can you stay in *any* world for a few minutes? If so then please try each of the following, and after each change try to login to the worlds that are causing problems:
1. Detach your attachments. (But please don't delete the inventory items; they will be useful for testing.)
2. Change your avatar height (it's unusually short; I'm guessing maybe that causes ODE problems)
3. Change your other clothes (besides the attachments)

If you can't stay in any world long enough to make these changes then let me know, since I can make some of these changes in the database.

If you do try these things and they don't help then please create an alt and try to login using that alt. I can also add another avatar to your existing account. I would want to try and fix your existing avatar, but if all of these changes fail to fix the problem then I don't know what else could cause this problem, so we will have to create a new avatar for you in that case.
These users thanked the author Oren Hurvitz for the post:
oopsee joseppe
Nicola Lercari

Post by Nicola Lercari »

Hi Oren,

Thank you for the quick response.

I can't believe it's my avatar...I'm the worlds crasher... I figured it was something about my avatar since some of my students are in Wired! World and it was working for them.

I could just connect to my last location (Egypt) but then tried to connect to Wired! World and made it crash again. I'll try to change my garment and shape. We are experimenting with my students and it's possible some of the costumes they made. My short high is due to the fact we're trying to simulate 1740's Venice and people were shorter than us.

I have a lot of assets in my avatar inventory and I'd really need to keep them since it's a lot of work.

I'll post again after some testing with my own avatar or creating an alt.

Thanks

Nicola
Nicola Lercari

Post by Nicola Lercari »

I changed my outfit and now I can access my SIM. Problem was with an outfit made of prims and clothes. It's in my inventory/Clothing/Franciscan Monk. It seems there are some prims attached to it that causes issues with the physics.

I'll do some more testing tomorrow GMT-5.