Metered World -- How Expensive Is It?

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
Chav Paderborn

Metered World -- How Expensive Is It?

Post by Chav Paderborn »

(Idk if this is in the right place, sorry if not.)

I have a world megaregion thing and it is set to public but only premium people. Can anyone give me some idea how much Kitelybux I need to open it up to everyone? I know it costs me per visit, I am scared of getting some sort of massive bill. If I run out of credits what happens then, does it close itself or do I run up some sort of debt?

I mean there is not much in my land yet, but I would like to be more caring and sharing ha ha. Ha.

Thanks for readin my confused plea.
These users thanked the author Chav Paderborn for the post:
Selby Evans
Dot Matrix

Re: Metered World -- How Expensive Is It?

Post by Dot Matrix »

You're only charged for the time spent inworld by Regular account holders, and that is at 1 KC per minute. Buying KC at the maximum discount rate gives 300 KC per USD, or 5 hours per dollar.

From experience, the total time Regular account holders have spent in any of the worlds known to me so far (and this includes Showcase worlds) has never exceeded a dollar's worth per month. This may change with Hypergrid access, but it certainly seems affordable at the moment.

The metered world option is extremely flexible. If you suddenly find yourself with a wildly popular world you can switch it back to Premium at any time, or to group access only (for Regular and Premium), or...

I've a vague memory that if a world manager runs out of KC Kitely will switch the world automatically to Premium access only. So if you have an alt, you could bank your KCs with them and leave a limited amount on the world manager account. That way you could budget for the KC total towards inworld time per month.
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post:
oopsee joseppe
Chav Paderborn

Post by Chav Paderborn »

Ooh, cool. I think I will set it to allow people in then! At least until I run out of spacebux :D
These users thanked the author Chav Paderborn for the post:
Constance Peregrine
Dundridge Dreadlow

Post by Dundridge Dreadlow »

It varies...
Prior to the premium accounts coming in, it cost between virtually nothing to a few dollars during an event.

Since the premium accounts, and with the hunt going on, it's just a few credits, so far not more than a couple dollars worth. Feels really weird being charged like that, but it it's easily offset by a couple of sales or a couple of dollars. It's not much, it just FEELS weird.

I'd be much happier if I had "world manager" credits separate to my main credits(then I'd forget about it, and stop worrying about costs), but I don't suppose it is really needed, it's just getting over the weird.
These users thanked the author Dundridge Dreadlow for the post (total 4):
Freda FrostbiteSelby Evansoopsee joseppeShandon Loring
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
PS. Kitely is awesome.