Friends List Online/Offline Error

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
Sin Karsin

Friends List Online/Offline Error

Post by Sin Karsin »

I am having issues with my Friends list. It shows a few of my friends Online but I am unable to teleport them to me and when I message them it tells me they are offline in my chatbox but Online on my friends list. When I teleport to the same region that they are on, I am able to teleport them and message them like normal. So pretty much my friends are online but offline.

This issue just started today. I thought it could of been something with Firestorm since I been using Singularity up until yesterday, but I am also having the problem with Singularity.
Freda Frostbite

Re: Friends List Online/Offline Error

Post by Freda Frostbite »

Same thing happening for me and several others yesterday and today. REALLY frustrating.
Freda Frostbite

We found today that tp is not working when you try to tp someone to you. And Im is only working with avs on the same world. If they are elsewhere on the grid, there is no way to communicate. Then the messages you send them turn up some time later, like 15 minutes later, in their email. Very frustrating when try to work together on something.
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

The time the emails turn up is governed by how people set up their email. If it's set up to push messages across as soon as they are received by the server, it is just about possible to hold a conversation via pm/email -- though not ideal of course.

For TPs, try sending the link to the World webpage as a workaround. Once people are in the same world TPs (and IMs) seem to work as expected.
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post (total 2):
Freda FrostbiteDundridge Dreadlow
Oren Hurvitz

Post by Oren Hurvitz »

I've fixed this bug and the system will be updated tomorrow.
These users thanked the author Oren Hurvitz for the post (total 4):
Freda FrostbiteDundridge DreadlowMarstol NitelyHandy Low
Freda Frostbite

Thanks, Oren! Yay you!

And, Dot those solutions worked for folks who already do virtual worlds. Unfortunately, I was trying to entice a virgin noob into Kitely and she was really put off by the complications with communication and tp. I finally persuaded her to just log out and come back on Monday, as I was assuming it would be fixed by then. It has been so she will be back.

I kept thinking though that someone coming into Kitely without anyone to be their guide would most likely never return after running into problems with the most basic of functions.
These users thanked the author Freda Frostbite for the post:
Constance Peregrine
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

I'm sorry, Freda, I was unaware of that. I was simply trying to be helpful.

I know how difficult it is to help even SL-oldbies to visit an OpenSim grid. Usually it involves logging in SL as well as the OpenSim grid simultaneously so that we can keep lines of communication open until we're all at the same region and have added each other as friends.
Freda Frostbite

No huge biggie in this case. I mean, she will come back and try again. It was just frustrating for her, because, as we all know, there is a steep learning curve when one first enters a virtual world. The comm issues just made it steeper. Now, I think she will find it easy by comparison, so Yay!