OAR not fully uploaded

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
Your Teacher

OAR not fully uploaded

Post by Your Teacher »

I just uploaded an OAR file, to one of my "included" worlds, but all that uploaded was the terrain.

According to the website hosting the download, there should be 37,488 prims in it, and the file I uploaded is 15mb, so I think it's the whole thing.

I've only uploaded .tgz files before, so I'm not sure if there was something else I should have done.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.
Dot Matrix

Re: OAR not fully uploaded

Post by Dot Matrix »

If it is Hax Nuit, that happened to me.

Try loading it into SoaS first, then saving a fresh OAR file and upload that instead. You can see the result here: http://www.kitely.com/virtual-world/Dot-Matrix/Hax-Nuit
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post:
Your Teacher
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Your Teacher wrote:I just uploaded an OAR file, to one of my "included" worlds, but all that uploaded was the terrain.

According to the website hosting the download, there should be 37,488 prims in it, and the file I uploaded is 15mb, so I think it's the whole thing.

I've only uploaded .tgz files before, so I'm not sure if there was something else I should have done.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.
It is, I just looked at my copy in my computer. As to the tgz ext you can interchangeably change those from OAR to TGZ as needed.

What the TGZ ext allows is for people who wish to, to open them up and view and/or use the contents in various ways. I find it a nice way to get textures used in them. [or I did, I have not used it much since I first learned how and wanted to see for myself]

You can use http://www.7-zip.org/ to open them and http://www.irfanview.com/ to see some of the stuffs.
These users thanked the author Constance Peregrine for the post:
Your Teacher
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Your Teacher

Post by Your Teacher »

It is Hax Nuit. :) I want to set up a treasure hunt for my students (chaos ensues).

You are right, it's definitely not the file, as I just managed to upload everything onto Sim-on-a-stick, and all the prims were there. So, I guess it's a permissions issue. I will try what you suggest Dot Matrix (I could be in for a long night). :roll:
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

It will work. Just save the OAR as it is using SoaS -- no need to do anything more. Then upload it to Kitely.

Hax Nuit will make a super location for a treasure hunt. Have fun!
Your Teacher

Post by Your Teacher »

Yay! It worked, thanks for your help.

If you don't mind another question, would it be better for me to make the changes to the city on SoAS, or in Kitely? I'm just worried that it won't save as a complete oar file from Kitely.
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

Providing you use your own creations or export-enabled or copy-transfer items, the city will save as a complete OAR from Kitely. The World export report is a very useful tool for checking completeness.
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post (total 2):
Constance PeregrineYour Teacher